Stuck on white screen with Roon logo (mac) [Resolved]

@support

after the update attempt (when I opened the room remote app on my iPad today it prompted me to update, which I clicked yes) Room just failed to load, I’ve restarted / re-downloaded Roon on my core machine and
it still doesn’t work, on the mac that I’m running core when I tried opening Room the app just wouldn’t initialise and stayed at the initialising screen (see attached screen crop).

Thanks

I had a similar problem. I uninstalled my core and then reinstalled Roon. Didn’t even need to relogon to my roon account!

Good luck!

@support - I’m still having the same problem after I uninstalled and re-installed Soon on my machine…

Hi @Vincent_Yeung ----- Thank you for the feedback and my apologies for the troubles here. I would like to grab some logs from you and will be contacting you shortly via PM with instructions.

-Eric

Would like to jump in on this, as I have the exact same problem.

Any movement on this issue?

@support
sorry guys forgot to tag you into this. i am having the exact same problem. Has there been any resolution?

1 Like

Hi @Brett_Speller ---- Thank you for the feedback and my apologies for the delay here. Before I grab some logs from you, would you please provide us with the following information:

1. Please provide us with the details of the behavior you are experiencing.

2. Please provide a brief but accurate description of your current setup as seen here.

-Eric

Hi @Vincent_Yeung, @Brett_Speller:

Build 202 of Roon fixed an issue with identical symptoms for some other users. Could you try updating to the most recent Roon build and see if that fixes the problem? You should be able to just download and install from https://roonlabs.com/downloads.html over your current install.

Here’s the thread from the other case: 1.3 can’t get beyond animated logo [fixed]

Please let me know if it helps, hopefully we’ve already fixed this.

Hi @Ben, I have build # 204 installed. Problem persists.

Hi Eric

1. Problem is that when I try to open Roon I get the grey welcome screen with a musicians quote, it then goes straight to a white screen with the Roon logo. The program doesn’t move from that screen.

2. My system is a Mac Mini with 8GB ram and OS Sierra installed. Music files are on a seperate hard drive with a wired connection.
    Output is either firewire to Weiss DAC 202 or USB to a Dixio PRO3A and then to aN AK100 configured as a DAC.

Also worth noting that when 1.3 was released the update installed and worked perfectly.

cheers

Brett

We have exactly the same problem under linux with one customer:

• update to roon 1.3 worked
  • after a couple of days, customer can no longer see anything except a white screen with Roon logo in the middle on his ipad after starting the roon remote app

RoonServer v1.3 (build 204) stable on linuxx64 did not solve his issue.

@Brett_Speller, @Frederic_Vanden_Poel, can we get log uploads from both of you as well? Ideally I’d like everything in the logs directory in the database directory. If you don’t have a convenient location to upload let me know and I’ll send you a PM with instructions for our upload location. Hopefully I can at least diagnose the problem quickly.

Hi Ben
Could you please advise your upload location.
Cheers

Hi @Ben
File has been uploaded - brettspeller@hotmail.com Log files .zip

Hey @Brett_Speller – we looked at your logs and we think we see the issue.

First, stop your Core and locate your Roon database – instructions are here.

In your database, I need you to delete a single file called tidal_account. You can find it in your database at this location:

Database/Registry/Core/tidal_account

After that, restart your Core and let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Is there a way to automate resetting the Tidal Account file so that the user can just click a “Reset Tidal Account” option to remove the offending file.

This is actually just a bug :bug:

We’ve already fixed it for the next release, but I don’t think what you’re describing would help people currently facing this issue, since they’re stuck trying to open the app :expressionless:

Cute emoji. If only software bugs were really that cute IRL. :smiley:

1 Like

@support
hi guys, the trick (deleting the tidal file from the library) works for me as well, thanks.