ROON won't stop scanning, also takes some albums already in ROON and takes a few tracks from each album and puts them into a new separate album

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Small Green Computer i7 for ROON DSP

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Cox Gigablast internet unlimited. Cox Gigabit cable modem. Linksys WRT1900AC wireless router Western Digital MyCloudPR4100 network server

Note - Sonic Transporter i7 (ROON Core), Cox cable modem, MyCloudPR4100 server, and PC which runs ROON as endpoint are all hard wire connected.
ROON plays music fine.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)*

Irrelevant. Problem occurs whatever device I use as a ROON endpoint. I us laptop, Elac Discovery Z3, PC, Trinnov Altitude 32 SSP,

TEXT GOES HERE

This problem started occuring in the past week or two when there was a ROON software update.

Before, if I added a new album or albums, I could manually set ROON to ReScan and add the albums. Since the latest ROON software update, ROON is always scanning, and I am unable to do a manual rescan when I add an albums. And at odd times ROON will add parts of existing albums as new albums. The only way I can add an album or albums is to reboot my Sonic Transporter i7 (ROON Core).

My Sonic Transporter i7 has no internal drive for albums - all albums are on Western Digital MyCloudPR4100 32TB.

I have over 7300 albums, many of them hi rez up to 384-24 also DSD with some up to DSD256.

Never had issues like this before the last ROON software upgrade.

Thanks. Funny I updated my Sonic Transporter i7 not even a week ago but nothing changed. But just now it loaded a software update and that kernel and all is fine.

1 Like

That update came out just today. I am glad it fixed the problem you were having!

Hi @Steve_Bruzonsky,

Thanks for letting us know the updated kernel resolved the issue, this is fantastic news!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.