Roon yearly prices

(Blaine Arnold) #1

Firstly, great software, congrats guys.

Like to talk about the pricing of Roon. Just purchased first year membership of Roon. Here in Australia that price is around $170 after conversion. I feel It’s excessive for what Roon is and has made me reconsider future purchases. The lifetime cost at $700au is a no go for me as it is really is too step a price. Have you guys considered customer loyalty, yearly discounts for ongoing customers?

2 Likes

Ouch. Shows whats happened to our dollar. I have lifetime membership after first buying a yearly membership but no where near what your facing… Glad I took the jump to lifetime membership when I did! I too would find it hard to justify the above prices for play back software no matter how good.

1 Like
(Blaine Arnold) #3

I can’t justify future purchases, I don’t feel good about parting with $170 a year, and lifetime… $700 is not fair.

Like all things in life, value is in the eye of the beholder. There is nothing else like Roon out there and like all businesses it’s got to sustain a level of profitability and cash flow to remain viable.

Personally I think it’s great value for money and in the scheme of things a lifetime license amortized over your remaining heartbeats is nothing.

If it doesn’t represent value in your eyes, find something that does.

1 Like

$700 is not fair to who? you? Just because you don’t want to pay that much? I live in Canada, out dollar is just as shit, it costs me just as much but I paid the price. How is it fair to start handing out discounts when others have already paid the full price of entry.

“I can’t justify future purchases, I don’t feel good about parting with $170 a year, and lifetime… $700 is not fair.”

Nobody is forcing you to part with your money, the price is perfectly fair. Many of us signed on day 1 when the software was in its infancy and it didn’t have half the features it currently has.

I would like to see a monthly charge like Tidal etc. Would be the same total price but just doesn’t hurt quite as much when you break it down into smaller amounts.

1 Like
(Blaine Arnold) #7

$700 is not fair to who? you? Just because you don’t want to pay that much? I live in Canada, out dollar is just as shit, it costs me just as much but I paid the price. How is it fair to start handing out discounts when others have already paid the full price of entry.

“I can’t justify future purchases, I don’t feel good about parting with $170 a year, and lifetime… $700 is not fair.”

Nobody is forcing you to part with your money, the price is perfectly fair. Many of us signed on day 1 when the software was in its infancy and it didn’t have half the features it currently has.

yeah, it’s expensive, yes for me and sure for others, too. it is a little overpriced for an ongoing price for album sorting software. and yeah, no ones forcing me to, hence why i said wont be making future purchases. seems you didn’t read my post. also you missed my post about suggestion of yearly discounts for loyal customers.

happy you can afford it.

2 Likes
(Blaine Arnold) #8

Agree, it is great software hence why bothered can’t afford it in long run. It’s priced just enough out of reach to rethink. At $119au a year I feel is good value and would continue, but $170au pushed it into the uncomfortable parting with cash realm. Just suggestions to Roon if considering a larger audience.

1 Like
(andrei fried) #9

Sunny Australia - one of the best places to be on Earth , one of the highest income rates also - it somehow doesnt fit to complain ... when you buy a Rolex or a Rolls Royce you dont do this … why would you do it if it`s the software equivalent ?

(Blaine Arnold) #10

I don’t know anyone with a rolex or rolls royce. Australia has high income, but negated by high cost of living. I don’t understand your point?

2 Likes
(andrei fried) #11

Cmmon Arnold its not that difficult to grasp . It was an analogy . Marketing can make or brake a product but there has to be a hierarchy positioning when you have a new offering and it works .

(Nick Baker) #12

His point is that it is the same cost with regard to average wages everywhere in the world. By the way calling it album sorting software is so out of line as to negate all your previous comments.

(Blaine Arnold) #13

you missed the point. it is expensive for others. please re-read the posts.

(Nick Baker) #14

No I didn’t miss the point - you are trying to get it cheaper by moaning about the price - simples. I am saying that it is a high price but for what you get it is a fair price and it is not just album sorting software but way, way more and will just get better.

(Blaine Arnold) #15

Cmmon Arnold its not that difficult to grasp . It was an analogy . Marketing can make or brake a product but there has to be a hierarchy positioning when you have a new offering and it works .

thank you. your original post was unclear. so what you’re saying, those with money can only afford the software? it’s actually the foundation of this original thread I posted,

(Blaine Arnold) #16

Many of us signed on day 1 when the software was in its infancy and it didn’t have half the features it currently has.

yes, I sympathise, for the 2 weeks trial I picked out 3 issues, 1 of which will be corrected in future versions. After the trail, I still paid for the year subscription, like you.

(Nick Baker) #17

I am reminded of a Simpson’s sketch - “money can be exchanged for goods and services” its the basis of most world economies you know.

(Blaine Arnold) #18

I am reminded of a Simpson’s sketch - “money can be exchanged for goods and services” its the basis of most world economies you know.

you’re not making any point here. I never said make it free. you are trolling.
PS. don’t use Simpsons quotes in vain

2 Likes
(Nick Baker) #19

I am making a very good point - you want it cheaper I don’t see why you should get it cheaper.

(Blaine Arnold) #20

I don’t see why it’s your concern.