RoonBridge on the original Cubox

I just revived my Cubox (the original one with armv7 cpu) with the latest version of Arch Linux.

I got the RoonBridge installed successfully, but it failed to start. The error was:

[root@alarm alarm]# systemctl status roonbridge

• roonbridge.service - RoonBridge
    Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/roonbridge.service; enabled; vendor pr>
    Active: inactive (dead) since Mon 2021-01-18 00:51:26 UTC; 24s ago
    Process: 379 ExecStart=/opt/RoonBridge/start.sh (code=exited, status=0/SUCC>
    Main PID: 379 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Jan 18 00:51:16 alarm systemd[1]: Started RoonBridge.
Jan 18 00:51:26 alarm systemd[1]: roonbridge.service: Succeeded.
Jan 18 00:51:26 alarm start.sh[379]: /opt/RoonBridge/start.sh: line 47: 407 Illegal instruction (core dumped) “$ROOTDIR/Bridge/RoonBridge” “$@”
Jan 18 00:51:26 alarm start.sh[379]: /opt/RoonBridge/start.sh: line 37: kill: (407) - No such process

So can anyone help me? I just started the 14-day Roon free trial, but I cannot get my Roon client to work. In this case, I want to run RoonBridge on my Cubox and I connect my Cubox to the Denafrips Ares II DAC.

Albert

Did you install the armv7 version?

Of course I did.

I wonder if my original Cubox has hardware floating point support. Maybe this is the cause of the crash.

Hello Albert,

I had installed ArchLinux on my two Cubox-i before, but I find debian much more user friendly. I changed to debian because I also wanted to set up AirPlay beside the roon bridge. ArchLinux for Cubox-i has the wrong kernel to do this, but with debian it was no problem to realize it.
Maybe not a solution for Your problem, but think about it…