Both on the same Wifi network
Both visible when using Fing
Firewalls switched off on both Macs and the wireless router
No AV running
Each mac can connect to each other and see each others screens
I have an odriod C2 running Roonbridge and Core can see it fine
But Core won’t see Roonbridge running on the second Mac

Second Mac in the icon bar says “Roonbridge Status: Running”

I have tired to delete all the folders in the user/ library incl RAATServer and Roonbridge and then a fresh install
I have tried installing Roon Core on the second mini and bridge and the main Core still doest see it
I tried installing Roon remote on the second and it can see core

However, core can’t see roonbridge on the second Mac

Any ideas?

You will only see the roon bridge if there is an audio device available for output on the bridge Mac I think…hmmm let me check that…are you looking under the about panel in settings? Or under audio devices?

No need for an external audio device. I have Roon Bridge installed on my wife’s iMac (in her study), and it’s used only occasionally to output directly to the iMac’s built-in speakers.

One thing is that the Mac endpoint won’t show up if the Mac is asleep, so if you have a remote Mac endpoint, in many cases it’s probably good to set it so that it never sleeps.

Thanks guys. It doesn’t show up in the audio setup section. Normally I would go in there and then be able to give a device name and enable it.

Both Mac’s are set that they never sleep.

Needless to say, you’ve rebooted both Macs?

Assuming that’s the case, I think it’s reasonable to call in the big guns: @support

Thanks, both have had a reboot

Hi @Hifinity ----- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us. Both are very appreciated!

Moving forward, can you please provide me a screenshot of the "about"section (in Roon) from the Mac Mini hosting your Roon core.

-Eric

Hi @Hifinity ---- Thank you for the follow up! Confirming that I’ve seen the forwarded PM from @evand (:thumbsup:), containing the requested screenshot.

Moving forward, I would like to have a look at your Roon and Roonbridge logs to see if we can identify why this behavior is occurring with the mentioned devices. Please see below for instructions.

Core logs - Please use the instructions found here to send us over logs from the device hosting your Roon Core.

RoonBridge logs - Please use the same instructions, but be advised that you are going to be looking for your “RoonBridge” folder on the Mac “bridge” and not your “Roon” folder.

-Eric

Many thanks Eric, please find the link for logs from both the PC hosting Roon Core and the one with Roon Bridge including both the RAATs folders and the respective Core and Roon logs folders

Thanks

Awesome! Thanks @Hifinity, confirming that the logs have been received and are in our queue to be evaluated by a member of our tech team.

Once my report has been updated and passed back, I will be sure to share the teams thoughts/findings with you ASAP. Your patience is very appreciated!

-Eric

Hi @Hifinity ---- I wanted to touch base see if you are still experiencing this behavior with your RoonBridge computer after the most recent update.

If you are, I would like to engage diagnostics on your machine, so we can have a closer look into this behavior with your system is on the latest build.

-Eric

Thanks Eric

I have run the update via core and it updated both core and the attached Odriod C2. It still didn’t pick up the other Mac. I then manually deleted bridge on the other mac (including RAATserver folders) and did a fresh download.

Unfortunately core still doesn’t see the second mac running RoonBridge

Thanks for touching base with me @Hifinity, I appreciate the update after the most recent build release. I am sorry to hear that the issue has continued.

Moving forward, I just enabled some extra diagnostics on your account. If you start Roon again, it should submit a report to our servers with logs so we can have a closer look into what is going with the new build, in relation to your “RoonBridge” computer.

-Eric

Thanks for the help so far Eric

I have closed both Core on mac # 1 and Bridge on mac # 2 and rebooted both

Hi @Hifinity ---- Thank you for the follow up, very appreciated!

Moving forward, I have a meeting scheduled later this week with one of our senior developers to get some feedback on this issue you are having with RonBridge. Once I have a clearer sense of the “next steps forward”, I will be sure to provide an update ASAP.

Again, your continued feedback and more importantly, patience have been very appreciated by myself and the rest the of the team.

-Eric

Thanks Eric, holding thumbs they can find the fix

Hi @Hifinity ---- Thank you for your patience, it has been very appreciated!

We had a meeting about this yesterday (as mentioned in my previous), and unfortunately I don’t have a breakthrough to report quite yet. We have thousands of customers running in configurations similar to yours, and more than half of the team members on the call are running similar configurations as well.

Something about your setup is different, and we have some theories about what that might be, and in light of this we’ve asked our QA team to set aside some time in the next week to test out the other theories to see if we can reproduce this problem in house. If we can identify some steps that consistently reproduce this issue, I am 100% percent confident we will be able to resolve it, but until we are able to understand why your system (and one other customer’s system) is performing differently we are going to have trouble moving forward on this issue.

In the interest of having a complete understanding of what your setup looks like, may I very kindly ask you to please also provide a description of your network configuration/topology for my report to our QA techs.

This is frustrating, for you and for us. If Roon works in place of Roon Bridge, I would recommend running that for the time being. Otherwise, we will wait for the conclusion of the work our QA team has scheduled, and we will let you know what we find.

We absolutely intend to work at this until it’s resolved, but I wanted to be clear about where this investigation is at. We appreciate your patience!

-Eric