Roonicus interruptus

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Antipodes DS/Linux/core/4TB HDD harddisk included (LACie backup external harddisk via usb attached)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ziggo provioder (NL)> Compal modem/router> Supra cat 8 UTP

Bonn Silent Angel switch > endpoint 1
TP-Link switch TL-SG108> cat 5e UTP > endpoint 2, 3 and 4
All UTP cabled

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

1. Bonn Silent Angel switch> AQ Sky UTP cable> Antipodes DS> Curious USB cable> T&A DSD 8 DAC> Tellurium Q XLR> Gato Porte PRD-3s> 2x Tellurium Q XLR> Gato DPA 4004 amp> bi-amp and biwired Cable Research LAB ls cable> Martin Logan Classic 9

2. TP Link switch> inakustik UTP cat6> Macmini > usb/spdif converter and cable> EC Designs DAC> Burson preamp/headphone amp> RCA interlink>Audiolab poweramp> QED ls cable> Piega ls speakers +REL sub

3. TP link switch> cat 5e UTP> B&W Zeppelin 1

4. TP LInk switch> cat 5e cable> iMac 21”> B&W Zeppelin 2

Description Of Issue

1: Roon stops playing. Screen says: no connection, no sound. Or: Screen is blank and/or inaccessible, music plays on. Goes for set 1 and 2.
2. Concerning only set 2: Roon stops playing after about 2 minutes. This repeats again and again after restarting. Up to now.
3. On the right top of screen Roon notifies through a red triangle: Roon needs an update. Reason (sometimes: library update has stopped or the like). Every other month this happens. Is the case now.
4. At irregular times the sound (especially in set 1) gets blurred, shaky, interrupted and unlistenable (like an old radio), as if the signal gets woo weak. As happened this morning. Worked again after rebooting the core server (Antipodes)

Tried so far:

1. Reboot Antipodes
  2. Reboot modem/router
  3. Change UTP connections(other sockets in the switch)
  4. Swap UTP cable (Supra cat8 to Inakustik cat 6)
  5. In set 2: Use USB socket in Macmini instead of the hub connected to the other socket.
  6. Reboot the Macmini
  7. Update whatever was to be updated

Hello @Hjcw_Roefs, and thanks for your report! Do you continue to see this behavior if you play to the system output of your mac mini? Is there any change if the core is wired directly to the router? We’ve got a lot of network infrastructure set up here and it would be helpful if we could eliminate some extra variables to help us track the source of the issue. Thanks!

Hi Nuwriy,

For a while it continued. At the moment the mini output plays longer. After a few hours it stops.
There is no change when the core is directly connected to the modem/router. No difference except SQ when connected tot the Silent Angel (which is directly connected to the Compal modem/router )as it is at the moment.

Thanks for answering.
Looking forward to the next step.
Greetz
Henk

Hello @Hjcw_Roefs, do you see these issues with local content or streamed media? I also wanted to clarify that set 1 & 2 are playlists? From where?

Hi
I only have issues when streaming from outside, not from my own harddisk.
The other two ‘sets’ Are endpoints , not playlists.
Issues arise any time, whether I play a playlist, or an individual album.

Hello @Hjcw_Roefs, could you please reproduce the issue one more time and reply here with a timestamp and the track that was playing at the time when you do? I’d like to get a report over to our QA team for further investigation.

Also, have you reached out to Antipodes about this issue? It would be good to get their thoughts as well as the thoughts from our QA team on this.

[quote=“Hjcw_Roefs, post:1, topic:120216”]
: Roon stops playing. Screen says: no connection, no sound. Or: Screen is blank and/or inaccessible, music plays on. Goes for set 1 and 2.
2. Concerning only set 2: Roon stops playing after about 2 minutes. This repeats again and again after restarting. Up to now.
3. On the right top of screen Roon notifies through a red triangle: Roon needs an update. Reason (sometimes: library update has stopped or the like). Every other month this happens. Is the case now.
4. At irregular times the sound (especially in set 1) gets blurred, shaky, interrupted and unlistenable (like an old radio), as if the signal gets woo weak. As happened this morning. Worked again after rebooting the core server (Antipodes)

Tried so far:

1. Reboot Antipodes
  2. Reboot modem/router
  3. Change UTP connections(other sockets in the switch)
  4. Swap UTP cable (Supra cat8 to Inakustik cat 6)
  5. In set 2: Use USB socket in Macmini instead of the hub connected to the other socket.
  6. Reboot the Macmini
  7. Update whatever was to be updated
    I haven’t

Hi nuwiry,

I’m still eagerly awaiting your suggestions in order to solve the problems
I mentioned earlier. You would bring to the table of expert colleagues. Wonder what they had to say.

In the meantime I play Roon and experience flaws and interruptions. Happily not as often and/or every 2 minutes. But I seem to lose the internet signal or the connection with my iPad. It results Roon disconnected.
Hope to hear from you
Greetz

Henk

Hello @Hjcw_Roefs, we’ll need to know the date and time you experience the issue so I can send the report to my team. Please reply to this thread with your local date and time when you notice this issue. Please also let me know which setup you’re referencing for the timestamp.

I wanted to clarify, are you experiencing connection issues in general on your network?

Hi Nuwriy
Thanks for reply. Through it doesn’t help me an y further.
There are no network issues, thank god.
I’ll reply as sosen as the problem occurs. That ‘s mostly quite unpredictable.
In general it takes a lot of time to find a certain a Peize of music. Sometimes minutes before Roon reacts. In the meantime the screen is blank…
I wonder is that has rot do with the serve I use, an Antipodes, or do I have to look elsewhere to tackle this?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.