Roon's Qobuz implementation fails to "import" Onyx Classics recordings into Roon Library

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iMac MacOS 10.14.6/Roon 1.6 (build 416)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Fiber optic ISP 125 MBPS up/down, Apple Time Capsule

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB to Innuos Zenith SE->Chord Hugo Scaler->Chord Dave

Description Of Issue

I sent the following e-mail to Qobuz

Hello,

Was in the mood to hear various performances of Beethoven’s Diabelli Variations. Selected Stephen Kovacevich’s 2008 performance on Onyx Classics as a favorite

Typically this shows up in Roon by selecting Qobuz and My Qobuz after a refresh. It did not appear even after several unselect and select cycles in Qobuz. It plays in Qobuz, but my better sound system uses Roon.

Did a search for it in Roon, but it did not appear as a result of the search

This is not the first time this has happened. Probably a problem on the Roon end of things, but thought I’d let you know as well.

Did a bit more research on this. Turns out that no Onyx Classics works in Roon’s Qobuz implementation. Might be a problem with how Onyx Classics recordings are mounted in Qobuz?

Thank you,

Bill Perkins

Roon generally works splendidly with my system. I expect that there’s a metadata issue involved here (possibly unique to Onyx Classics, but probably not) either on the provide or grab end of things.

Hi @bill_perkins,

When I navigate to the Stephen Kovacevich artist page I’m able to see this album in Roon. Can you confirm what region your Qobuz account it for?

US Upper Midwest. Metadata varying by region?

Looked this morning and all the Onyx Classics I tried to import into Roon Library yesterday arrived as favorites in Roon’s Qobuz implementation. Go figure. Thank you for responding and for inspiring me to check yet again. I had rebooted my entire system twice during these adventures to no avail.

Best

Glad to hear you’re seeing it now, @bill_perkins. If you see this happen again please reach out and we can take a closer look!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.