Roon's search not as good a Qobuz app

Do you have any Stranglers in your library? I ask because a search of Big Audio Dynamite today heralded zero artists. As soon as I favourited from Qobuz the results were as expected … this isn’t normal behaviour, so there may be an issue.

No results are returned for artists not in library. Can anyone else confirm.?

Qobuz here in Germany, no Stranglers in my library, but search brings them up with 40 Albums…hmmm

1 Like

This does seem to be the case , i searched in qubuz for the stranglers and it found them , i added them to favourites , and now roon has found the stranglers . phil.

I am getting quite inconsistent results. For example, I do get a search result returned with some artists where I have no albums in my library. It looks as if roon will return a search result for any of these cases.

1. You have an album for the artist in your library.
  2. You have an appearance for the artist in a compilation in your library.
  3. You have a “similar to” link for the artist to another artist in your library.

There are probably a few other cases making search behaviour appear quite hit and miss.

Just tried the jam nothing, then magazine nothing, then the sex pitols nothing, the only way i can find these artists is to use roon radio and keep loading albums eventually you get the band your after , phil.

This isn’t normal behaviour. Not so long ago I created a series of playlists based on This Is Uncool: The 500 Greatest Singles Since Punk and Disco. I found all tracks available in TIDAL using Roon regardless of whether the artist appeared in my library.

So this seems to be a regression.

Something wrong with Roon in your case not connecting home to their servers. I can search for all those no issues here in the UK.

The Jam: 16 Albums
Magazine: 14 Albums
Sex Pistols: 46 Albums

As @CrystalGipsy says, there must be something amiss with your ROON instance, and that’s disturbing!

This thread should probably be moved over to #support in order for ROON-team to be notified for help.

Moved to support.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

1 Like

Try again as I’m getting artist results returned now.

Wondering if it was related to this …

Tried it again , still the same not returning any artist searched for , it does seem to find the ones in my library or favourites , phil.

Hi @philip_milner,

Can you share some screenshots of what you’re seeing here showing poor search results so we can take a closer look? Thanks!

Hi dylan , i use a 7 lenovo tablet as a remote , i can take a picture with my phone , but how do i get it on here , phil.

It’s easier if you do it all on the tablet. Take a screenshot with the Lenovo , then Upload the screenshot

1 Like

and

to get

Hi folks , i have managed to take some screen shots with my tablet , im not familiar with tablets or
phones for that matter , anyway im an idiot ive just realised where im going wrong , im typing in the search box but failing to press the big blue tick button , its an age thing , thanks to dylan from roon
and everyone else , for there help . phil.

2 Likes

I guess, you’ll have to click the checkmark to send your search request…

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.