12650h, 16gb

Networking Gear & Setup Details

asus router, on ethernet, no vpn

Connected Audio Devices

android system out, asio topping device

Number of Tracks in Library

around 30k tracks

Description of Issue

Roon arc once again causes roonserver to become unresponsive.
previous issue hosting roonserver on windows persisted despite multiple reinstalls of both roonserver and windows. Now, it’s being hosted on ubuntu 22 lts, and still faces the same issue, so OS issues have been resolved. ufw is not on, and systemctl status reports roon to be working fine when the issue occurs, also, user is logged in when roonserver goes unresponsive. This is not a cgnat issue, my isp does not use cgnat and my dynamic ip has stuck for the past few months. upnp is not on, port is manually forwarded. Library is also cleaned, and database was fresh on the current ubuntu system. I don’t think this issue happens for just using roon remote, so I assume that there is something wrong with the roon arc codebase. To summarize, after using roon arc for more than an hour, roon arc goes completely disconnected, and roonserver goes completely unresponsive(remotes can’t get anything), but if i don’t use roon arc, roonserver stays up. This may be an issue with the roon arc mobile client end, as throughout my attempts to diagnose, there have been a few things i’ve noticed that may be causing something to go wrong: Either the arc mobile app is closed while a song is streaming, the other being that roon arc consistently fails(causing roonserver to go down) on a part of my commute which is at a train station(shoddy connection).

I have no clue why this is happening, and it really affects my use of roon. I’ve been using downloaded for the past month(s) but since resetting deletes all downaloads, that isn’t a good solution. Also, extra note that while the roon arc android app is in offline modes, some albums that have downloaded display the low resolution album image on the playback screen, despite showing the full album art on the album page.

something that may be helpful, system.netsockets.socketexception(104) shows up in systemctl status after one of the failures of roonserver, it seems that tcp rst is coming from somewhere

it seems that the net sockets exception is consistent with when roon goes down

Hey @traumerei,

Ben with the support team here, thank you for taking the time to write in, and I’m sorry you’ve waited so long for a reply! I’ve marked your thread to ensure none of your responses slip through the cracks.

Following up here, are you still running into this issue? If so, could you please share a specific timestamp (date, time) the next time it happens?

With that, I’d be curious to see how things run on a fresh database. Steps to follow below:

• Make a Backup of your current RoonServer Database
  • Exit out of RoonServer
  • Navigate to your RoonServer’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
  • Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Reinstall the RoonServer App from our Downloads Page to generate a new RoonServer folder
  • On the Roon Remotes, press “Use another Core” and connect to the new database

I’ll be on standby for your reply. :+1:

I’ve tried these for previous issues, I’ve just been not using ARC and that keeps it working fine. I’ll just try ARC again after a few months.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.