RoonServer crashing on Windows Server 2012 [Resolved - Roon App Update to b334]

Hi,
I’m running RoonServer on a Windows Server 2012 machine but recently it has crashed and now won’t start.

This is what the event log shows for my two most recent attempts to restart roonserver.exe:

These are the event details:

.NET Runtime error

Application: RoonServer.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.UnauthorizedAccessException
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
at System.Threading.EventWaitHandle…ctor(Boolean, System.Threading.EventResetMode, System.String, Boolean ByRef, System.Security.AccessControl.EventWaitHandleSecurity)
at System.Threading.EventWaitHandle…ctor(Boolean, System.Threading.EventResetMode, System.String, Boolean ByRef)
at Sooloos.App.GetAppLock()
at Sooloos.App.Main(System.String[])

Application Error:

Faulting application name: RoonServer.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5af3b815
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.2.9200.22376, time stamp: 0x5a90c314
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x000000000000a06c
Faulting process id: 0x2840
Faulting application start time: 0x01d41b627e733e30
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\RoonServer\Application\RoonServer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: bcd76024-8755-11e8-9471-40a8f0c76519
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Please can you advise?

Regards,

John

Update:

Roon subsequently appeared to start up but didn’t run i.e. no Roon server was detected by any players. On the server the Roon icon indicated the Roon Status as “Corrupt Build”.

I downloaded and installed the latest roon core and it now appears to be working again.

Hello @John_Morcom,

Glad to hear that updating to the latest Roon Core seems to resolve the issue! Do let us know if there is anything else that seems off and we can take a look.

Thanks,
Noris

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.