RoonServer does not start after QTS 4.3.2 beta and qpkg 1.0.2 update [solved]

Thanks for the new package. Unfortunately I haven’t been lucky with the 4.3 on the QNAP. I reinstalled the 1.02 Roon package but I’m not able to connect with any of my remotes. All of them show the Roon logo and never connect to the server. Clearly they do find the server but just don’t show the music.

Any ideas?

Have you checked the NAS IP address and entered it manually?

The remotes are seeing the server and the other applications running on it are working fine. Somehow the remotes aren’t allowed to make the connection. Roon server starts fine (check with crieke)

Things are getting worse: my wife just reverted to Sonos!

Have you checked the RAM on your core machine is not saturated.
This was an issue on my QNAP (in another thread).
All my niggles disappeared when I restarted the Roon Core App. Ram use was down from 95% to 24%

This is just my observations on my system for what it’s worth.

Chris

It’s using 2% of the CPU and 7% of the RAM so that seems OK.

crieke showed me how to view the logs. Something that comes up consistently is

12/24 11:43:44 Critical: scx: in OnExit: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Sooloos.Broker.Music.Module.ev_exit () [0x0006e] in /home/roon/roon/Broker/Core/music/music_module.cs:66
at Sooloos.SynchronizationContextThread.OnExit () [0x0000d] in /home/roon/roon/RoonBase/threadutils.cs:312

However, I don’t know if this is causing the problem.

Something got corrupted in the RoonServer folder. I’ve removed it and reinstalled the package. Working like a charm now! Many thanks to crieke for helping me debug this issue.

3 Likes

Great news. And what about your wife… :wink:

She switched to the internet watching stuff like http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/1887241/95ddf568/zanger_rinus_goes_english.html