Roonserver frequently crashes, "forgets" attached audio devices

Roon Core Machine

MacMini M1 (2020) 16GB Ram Ventura 13.0.1

Networking Gear & Setup Details

ZenWiFi AX router, Ethernet connected, no VPN

Connected Audio Devices

Mix of Chromecast and USB

Number of Tracks in Library

Don’t know. Won’t run. Not a huge number.

Description of Issue

Roon Server is running on this machine, which is dedicated to the task. Performance has degraded steadily over time. Initial symptoms are perpetually losing connection to Audio devices. Now it won’t run for more more than a few minutes before crashing. I don’t really know how to get assistance.

If I were in this situation I would go with a fresh new install, being sure to remove all vestiges of the old install before doing so. It might mean having to go back over old edits again but I suspect database corruption so a fresh install is probably the wisest move.

1 Like

If you don’t have a recent backup to restore to the fresh database, then yes, you are starting all over again.

Hey @Richard_Lyon1,

I wanted to check in on this thread to see if you were still running into issues here? Based on your description, and the fact that things have creeped up over time, does point to corruption.

Were you able to do a fresh install to see if things performed better? Steps to follow below:

• Create a Backup of your current database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Verify if the issue persists on a fresh database before restoring the backup

I’ll be on standby for your reply. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.