RoonServer High CPU and RAM Usage Ubuntu 22.04 / Roon Remote slow / no response

I didn’t anticipate reporting back so soon after this morning’s writeup. But, I saved two Qobuz albums into my library and deleted the very same albums from my Tidal favorites, which once again triggered the feared Qobuz Storage Library update process. And I notice that it runs distinctly slower than yesterday, very slow indeed. It has been running now for near one hour, and is still going on. RES memory size has gone up, the server during all this time has one core running at 100%, but this wouldn’t matter, if only the user interaction with the remotes wasn’t affected. Everything is slowed down right, now… clicking on artists and waiting for the artist page to load, loading discographies, loading album pages, clicking start play, etc etc…

Why would this process be running so much faster on a newly started Roon server than on a machine which has been running for some days and which has been heavily used in the meantime? It is not lack of RAM…

This will eventually stop, and user interaction will be normal or at least reasonably fast again… but as soon as another album is saved into the database, or deleted from the database, the process will be triggered again and will run ever so much slower…

Again, my hunch is that other users with bigger databases might experience this effect, when they report slowness and at the same time increased RAM and processor usage on their systems, and I also believe that Linux is not the only affected platform.

Edit: This process is still running… it’s near three hours since it started, and user interaction with Roon is still very much affected…

I just started to play an album… from clicking on the blue ‘Play now’ button to starting music reproduction it took about 20 s. And without restarting the server this will be getting worse.

None of this has to do with the change of the recently set environment variable. This has always been so; only that it may have happened earlier than before, with the server having been restarted only three days ago…

Edit 2: After about 4 hours the Qobuz Storage Library update process ended; user interaction is back to normal. This is streaming a 96/24 album from Qobuz: