RoonServer Interruptions on Build 943+

I’m having similar problem with build 943 update on Mac Mini (Late 2012) 2.3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7. 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3.

Suggestions appreciated.

05/16 17:05:54 Trace: [RAAT::Naim DAC-V1. Audiophilleo.com] [server] [127.0.0.1:49293] read: eof
05/16 17:05:54 Trace: [RAAT::Naim DAC-V1. Audiophilleo.com] [server] [127.0.0.1:49293] destroying client
05/16 17:05:54 Trace: [RAAT::System Output] [server] [127.0.0.1:49294] read: eof
05/16 17:05:54 Trace: [RAAT::Naim DAC-V1. Audiophilleo.com] [session] [127.0.0.1:49293] destroying session
05/16 17:05:54 Trace: [jsonserver] [127.0.0.1:49284] read error: connection reset by peer
05/16 17:05:54 Trace: [jsonserver] [127.0.0.1:49284] destroying client
05/16 17:05:54 Trace: [RAAT::System Output] [server] [127.0.0.1:49294] destroying client
05/16 17:05:54 Trace: [RAAT::System Output] [session] [127.0.0.1:49294] destroying session
1 Like

hello @support - I just uploaded logs to your Logs Upload Server
thanks.

1 Like

Thank you.

Freshly installed Roon App launches with fresh database, but fails again with old.

My set up is Mac Mini connected directly with Ethernet to FRITZ!Box 7590 and set up as Roon Core.

I have >500K tracks, but knowing my hardware limitations I add multiple (genre) subfolders, and constantly enable/disable them, so I’ve rarely got more than ~30K albums enabled (and usually <20K allows acceptable performance). I think there were 31K albums when update happened. All folders are set to auto-rescan only on startup (I’ve killed one i7 MacMini already!).

Not sure if it’s related, but I’ve been seeing server connection errors intermittently for several weeks now, which I’ve chosen to ignore. This one after the build 943 update issues - Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 5.55.18 PM
Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 5.55.18 PM

Also this was an unusual error I received after I’d force quit Roon on launch (again after problems had started) - Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 8.37.43 PM
Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 8.37.43 PM
Didn’t really know what it meant, and I think I chose to Reopen.

Hi @Matthew_Talbot,

Thank you for this additional information. I’m going to go ahead and break this into a separate thread, since we’ll want to proceed with some networking troubleshooting to diagnose the server interruptions.

The team will pull a diagnostic report in your Roon account from around the timestamp of the messages you supplied to investigate further. Stay tuned!

Thanks again!

Both my MacMini (as Core) and MacBook Pro (Remote) are connected with AFP to Synology NAS… ooops?!

I’ve changed Cores several times (having killed the previous i7 MacMini and not having decided on ideal setup), reformatted machines, and obviously forgot to set Roon up right along the way.

So at least that’s fixed now.

Probably didn’t make much difference if the CIFS network connection was linking to the music folder resource, but it should be more correct now.

Roon still fails to launch with old database.

And soon after launching with the new, I get another
Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 5.55.18 PM

And then the spinning ball of doom …

Hi @Matthew_Talbot,

Thank you for your patience, I know it took us several days to circle back on this issue. I have a few suggestions to try.

First off, are you playing any particular content back before you lose connection to the server? From logs, it looks like you’re using your Naim DAC as an endpoint when you experience the interruption. Does it happen with other endpoints as well, like the system output of your Core Mac?

Let’s set aside RAATServer as well and see if that stabilizes things.

• Create a Backup of your current Roon database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon” and “RAATServer”
  • Rename “Roon” to “Roon_old” and “RAATServer” to “RAATServer_old”
  • Reinstall Roon from our Downloads Page

Re-installing Roon will prompt you to update to the latest build, 952. Be sure to update to the latest build across all your Remote devices as well. Please let me know if that changes the behavior at all.

While I’m not sure it will resolve the server interruption, I’m curious if you’ve prioritized data for your Core in the router settings.

Sorry it’s taken me a while to respond too.

Havn’t prioritized data in router settings - wasn’t even aware that was a thing. Recently changed to free FRITZBox supplied by provider, replacing a decent ASUS RT-AC68U, because it’s slightly faster, but the settings management is worse. I will investigate.

I did follow through on the instructions regarding RAATServer a few weeks back, but was still getting the server interruption messages.

Problem not connected to content, and the message usually appears while I’m away and not playing anything. I’m also getting server disconnect messages for the ‘music’ folder on my NAS on another machine in the house.

To be honest I’ve been a bit overwhelmed with the number of different problems, and I’m reluctant to keep battling while my set up is not ideal (late 2012 Mac Mini, NAS with 2MB RAM) - I need to get my ship in order before using your valuable time (I respect that).

My main issue is I have 50K albums, and any more than ~20K tracks loaded brings the machine to its knees. Too many options to resolve this and, after 25 years of managing digital files, I want to get it right. I’ve been offered a ‘cheap’ s/h Antipodes K50 and need to weigh this up against a Roon NUC. I want to get the files off the NAS onto USB external storage.

I’ve got time and financial requirements elsewhere, and everytime I think about this I get depressed! I just want to love the music I’ve got. The LP12 is getting more time than ever right now.

I guess what I’m saying is - I’m giving up again for now … . at least the lifetime Roon sub isn’t going anywhere …

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.