RoonServer looses Connection to external Harddisk when restarting

Roon Core Machine

Mac Mini 2018 i3 8gig, latest system update (Monterey) and latest roon Server (. Is to be headless but at the moment connected to tv

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected via Ethernet to FritzBox, iPad.

Connected Audio Devices

External SSD Connected to usb 3 Input (does not have its own power supply)
USB 2 Output Connected to SPL Director

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Roon Server works, but: after importing a roon Backup (to regain my Tags), it looses Connection to the external harddrive. I have to restart the Server, new Login necessary EVERY TIME, path to the Music Folder on the harddrive is lost, so all Tagging is lost.
Why does RoonServer loose Connection to the external SSD when only Roon is restarted, but not the Computer? Why do i have to do Login every time i restart RoonServer?

1 Like

Hi @Wolfram_sundermeier,

I appreciate your patience in awaiting a response from support.

It may very well be the database that is causing the issue. There are some steps you can take to try and eliminate that as a possibility. Please carefully note the first step!

• Make a Backup of your current RoonServer Database
  • Exit out of RoonServer
  • Navigate to your RoonServer’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
  • Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Reinstall the RoonServer App from our Downloads Page to generate a new RoonServer folder
  • On the Roon Remotes, press “Use another Core” and connect to the new database

Please let me know if this fixes the problem. If it does and reimporting the database brings the problem back, it’s likely your database could is corrupted. You could also repeat the process of renaming the RoonServer folder and try installing the all-in-one Roon core client for Mac instead of the server-client to see if that will get around the issue.

Please let me know,
Wes

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.