RoonServer Migrating from Windows to Linux/Docker [Solved]

I’m assuming that recovering my playlists from backup will be problematic since I’m migrating from a Windows installation running RoonServer to a Linux/Docker Container installation. Can you confirm that using a Windows Installation Backup would be ill advised because the paths have all changed and if so can you indicate where I can copy just the Playlists from my Windows installation so I can at least recover the Playlists? I would also need to know the path where the Playlists need to be copied to on the Linux (Ubuntu)/Docker side.

Thanks!

EDIT: I was pleasantly surprised that restoring from backup from a Windows Installation of RoonServer to a Linux Installation of RoonServer running inside a Docker Container worked perfectly! Everything was recovered and seems to be working fine!

VERY IMPRESSIVE!

Hats off to the devs, you thought of everything!

3 Likes

Yup – you can restore/migrate across platforms. Tnx for updating!

2 Likes

Np, you peeps are a bunch of coding badasses in my book! =) I’m beyond sold on Roon! Great update!

3 Likes

Whoa; this is completely unexpected. I’m in the process of planning the move of my Roon install from my daily-use Windows 10 PC to a dedicated Linux NUC running core. I was anticipating some terrible nightmare of a migration for the 200K tracks worth of metadata. This is borderline-amazing. Considering this, and how absolutely simple it was to get a RoonBridge running on a Raspberry Pi, you’re about to get another lifetime subscriber.

2 Likes