Roonserver won't start at log in after upgrading Windows

I’ve never had problems with this before. I’ve just upgraded to the latest version of Windows 10 Pro from a previous version and Roonserver won’t start automatically. I’ve tried by putting it in the Windows startup folder, and by checking ‘Launch at Startup’ from the system tray icon. Firewall is off.

If I start Roonserver manually all works fine.

Any ideas please?

Craig

Hello @Peregrino,

Thanks for contacting support regarding this issue. Have you by any chance disabled RoonServer from Task Manager? In Task Manager -> Startup there should be the option of toggling RoonServer to automatically start upon Windows booting up. If it is enabled, I would disable and then re-enable it to see if this has any effect.

Thanks,
noris

Thanks Noris,

I’ve played around with disabling and enabling Roonserver in Task Manager Startup, and I’ve also tried adding it by running shell:startup. I’ve got it to work now using the Windows default shell, but it won’t start when I use the HQPlayer shell that comes with the Service Tool of Audiophile Optimizer, which I was using with no problems previously. The other programs in Startup (HQPlayer and VNCServer) start with no problems no matter which shell I use.

best
Craig

Hello @Peregrino,

Glad to hear that you have managed to get RoonServer to automatically start. As for starting it through the HQPlayer shell, have you by any chance spoken to @AudioPhil yet regarding this? They perform extensive testing on their software so seeing if they’re aware of this issue is usually a good first step. I also found this email on their website’s contact form: info@highend-audiopc.com.

Thanks,
Noris