Ropiee XL New Version

Ropiee XL has been very stable for me thus far. Alas, after flashing the current update (on the Ropiee website), I am unable to get it to work. It does not show up with an IP address on my router devices list, and ropiee.local does not yield anything either. I have re-flashed the card, reinstalled the new xl, re-booted the Pi4, to no avail. . Can anyone please help me troubleshoot. Alas, I am quite technically incompetent, so asking me to do code is akin to getting either of my cats to play the piano. Thank you for your help!

Do you have the right image? New RoPieee has different images for different boards. Make sure you pick the right one!

Dumb question, I know, but are you starting up with a wired connection, as that is needed the first time around?

I thought I did. I downloaded it from the XL page and used etcher to decompress and write the .bin file to the card. Is there another page please?

Yes indeed. That’s what the instructions have asked us to do from the getgo. Thanks for helping!

There are 2 XL images: one for the Pi 3 family and one for the 4 family. Make sure you have the right one otherwise it won’t work.

Yes sir. I do have the right image.

I take this all back. It turned out that my flash drive was corrupted. I fixed that and have it all working now. Sorry for all the trouble and thanks as always for this lovely utility. Be well.

2 Likes