RoPieee & Archimago's CRAAP™ Settings

Andy,

Appreciate the comments. Happy with RoPieee for now, would rather spend time figuring out Roon than the Pi. I think RoPieee disables the HDMI but I don’t think it slows the CPU … might be a nice enhancement especially for people with new Pi’s with higher clock rates.

I have an Orbi RBR50 router with two RBS50 satellites. My NUC is connected to the router via Ethernet and the Pi is connected to one of the satellites via Ethernet. Working fine at the moment.

I’m hoping to avoid the black hole that is chasing the perfect configuration for at least a little while and learn Roon and listen to a lot of music.

Thanks … Tim

2 Likes

Everyone,

Thanks for all the support and suggestions.

Got everything working including the Remote on my tablet. Turned out that when I installed Roon on top of Roon Server I ended up with two different instances. My mistake! The Roon Server instance was running all the time but was not configured. The Roon instance ran whenever I started it and it was the one I configured. Unfortunately the Remote saw the unconfigured Roon Server instance. After uninstalling everything and reinstalling Roon on my NUC the Remote sees it and works as expected although I did learn this morning that the Roon app has to be running for the Remote to see it.

Now I can listen to music and make more mistakes :sweat_smile:

Tim

2 Likes