RoPieee configuring the wifi network as part of the initial boot process

I put together my first Roon endpoint this week using RPi3 + HifiberryAmp2 and RoPieee. I thought I had read somewhere here where you could configure the wifi network as part of the initial boot process? Is that true or am I just dreaming? If so, how is that done? I thought it was @xxx who mentioned it in a thread, but I can’t find it now.

By the way, the endpoint is amazing. I have it connected to a pair of JBL L100’s and it sounds great. I’m going to be building several of these.

Use Ethernet to do the initial install, and then use the Network tab to turn on WiFi and configure.

Yes, that’s what I did. That wasn’t my question though.

I thought I understood that you could add a file or config file with ssid and credentials and ropieee would automatically configure the wifi and allow you to skip the manual config. Or at least that what I thought I understood could be done.

No you can’t.

On my todo list is (somewhere)to build an access point, but I don’t know when that will happen.

1 Like

Okay, thanks for clarifying. I’m not sure why I thought that could be done.

That was for DietPi.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s right!!! I’m getting old. Thanks @xxx at least I’m not completely nuts yet.

2 Likes

Hi @spockfish,

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but wanted to check if this is something which has already been worked on and implemented?

I am able to turn on the wifi but this is everytime I havre to connect to ethernet and manually activate the wifi settings.

I searched everywhere and couldn’t figure it out.

Keen to know if the boot up on wifi feature is available, if not would be an excellent feature to add up.