RoPieee download is REALLY slow

I’m UK too

1 Like

@Nathan_Wilkes,

could you try again? my VPS provider changed something.

thanks

Still slow, at least from here. Telus is the provider.

I am in Colombia and get >7 MBps download speed.

Normal again… thanks @spockfish.

Mine improved a tiny bit, but it’s just fluctuating between 70kbps and 90kbps now.

I’m fairly new to Roon and use Ropieee (my love affair with RPi predates my use of Roon).

@spockfish - your level of service and dedication is astounding. I shall donate in the morning.

Please keep up the phenomenally good work.

4 Likes

Now I’m getting around 2Mbps. Still not what our European friends are getting, but definitely workable at around a 20 minute download for the uncompressed version. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi,

@John_Claude and @Nathan_Wilkes,

Would you be willing to do another test?

Download from here: https://d3v47yw0lybeyp.cloudfront.net/20201212-ropieeexl-ose_rpi234-stable.bin

and share your speed.

Thanks

1 Like

I tried from Colombia and download speed stabilized at 5 MBps.

1 Like

Experimenting with a CDN, so I would expect that with this link above the download speeds from US/Canada should also be good.

1 Like

Between 12 and 13Mbps now!

1 Like

Ok thanks!

Then this is progress.

How is it going with your setup?

Everything is working great. I’m grabbing a switch and some more cables to hardwire it all though. I just feel better about it. I’ll probably post in the Roon setup thread later today. Thanks for all your hard work!

1 Like

ok, good to hear.

Enjoy the music!

The CDN averages around 9.7MB/s here in Singapore. The download link from the website is at 2.2 MB/s

Thanks Bart.

Yes, of course @spockfish . On home connection this morning, over wireless…

From CDN:

From ropieee.org:

Still super slow in Canada in November 22…taking 4 hours to download the standard version. I ve tried a few things but without success. I have 500Mb/s download speed, tested speeds, downloaded other content with no issue at all, only with Ropiee downloads. I’ve tried this many times before with no issues.

I just tested from Vancouver, and speeds are “normal” from here at least.