Ropieee extension

What screen shots? The touchscreen WAS working but system was off while I was away and now it only tells the time and of a Connection Failure. Music plays and sounds fine.
There is only one “extension” and toggling it on and off makes no difference. It’s Spockfish. Do I need that and if so why doesn’t it work? I have even uninstalled and reinstalled roon. What would you like a screen shot of?

That is rather obtuse. Please explain exactly what and how. There are two setups. One for ROON and one for Ropieee. I have no “Remote” as in the classic definition.

BTW is the fact Ropieee is spelled ropiee it the attached image have anything to do with this disfunction. The other zones have capitals. If so how do I correct this?

I basically have two “Things” in this system. My PC and my Rasp Touch. I DO NOT want the phone involved right now. So whayb are there 4 “Items” shown here.
How does Roon define system output? Exactly what is that, the PC, the Hifiberry DAC+, The RaspPi4,
At times the PC puts out crappy sound from the tiny speaker designed for Windows sounds. Sometimes the phone emits crappy sound.
I just want the Rasp Touch and PC involved.

There is no RoPieee extension. There’s only a Spockfish.

How was I supposed to know that?
It’s enabled but no art work just a clock and Connection failure.

On reboot display says “Zone not found”
Is correct zone configured in Roon?
Music is playing
No art work.

Check the WebUI for your RoPieee and make sure the “Roon control zone” under “display” is correct.
So in your case you would go to “http://182.167.2.213/” in your web browser of choice and under the display tab. enter “ropieee” (what you named your zone) for the “Roon control zone.”
Should look something like this (my Roon control zone is called “livingroom”):

As far as all the entries you are seeing under “Audio” you can disable the ones you do not want by clicking the gear icons and then “disable”. Roon will still show all the possible audio zones it recognizes on the network. I have a total of 20 zones available on my network but I only enabled the 7 that I want to use.

Thanks all! After retyping the ropieee to Ropieee on the zone in question it now works fine.
Phone can’t find core sitting 3 feet from the PC, but that’s ok as I bought this PC just for this . Found substantial depth clarity with “Upsampling” enabled, wondering if the HQ player is worthwhile too? I was wondering if Case had anything to do with my issue. Turns out it WAS the issue.

I know how this connects. I was just being brief. Don’t really care about phone in a hifi system. Phones seem to dominate life itself these days.
Will update phone, you know, just in case.
Thanks so much, people.

Now that wasn’t so hard was it? In the PDF linked it states for the record

2 Likes

“Connect” used to mean a physical contact.
I connect with software developers all over the world.

@Nathan_Wilkes Nathan perhaps in light of this missed reference to “must match” maybe some references to exact case and use of copy and paste the names to ensure accuracy is needed.

I had everything correct except for case.
Who knew, right?

1 Like

Yes and a couple of screen shots when originally requested would have had this done and dusted many posts ago…I’m done here too

2 Likes

At that time I didn’t know Roon even had a GUI save for the phone and screenshots from a phone are impossible as far as I know.
Being specific counts. assuming everyone knows what you know doesn’t.
I’d had Roon about 1 day at that time.
[Moderated]

@wizardofoz, yes, good idea. I’ll add this.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.