RoPieee - Feature requests

For that to be possible I need your help:

Connect it to RoPieee, go the the advanced tab and send feedback.

Thanks

The unique identifier is: 2fb3825196407e9f
Thank you Harry!

@spockfish, I wonder, if you decided to implement this feature, whether the speed could be say 5Hz, something easily distinguishable from the normal 1/2Hz. And, that it either ignored the LED off setting or (better) had its own setting, defaulting to yes.

@spockfish, Harry: would it be possible to add a feature that when say the remote is recognized and the zone configured, that if the extension in Roon is not active a warning message is displayed?

Hi Peter,

Just wanted to let you know that native DSD on the IDA-16 will be available in the next release, expected in a few weeks.

Thanks

Thatā€™s amazing Harry!

Thank you so very much for your awesome work!

Well, that would be ideal.

Challenge is how to detect that the extension is paired.

Can you please add an option for DAC selection that shows PecanPi DAC, but loads the RPI-DAC driver?

Many customers are confused which DAC to select even though instructions I provide say to use RPI DAC.

Thanks.

@spockfish Several months ago we talked about Ropieee not recognizing my external WiFi antenna. Any chance that will be added somewhere down the line

Raspberry PI 3+ with RoPieee and original PoE.
With PoE the quality of music increases dramatically if compared with the normal external power supply.

The problem is the fan on the PoE module, it starts blowing too often (45Ā° board). Is there a possibility to add an option to make it turn on only on higher temperatures e.g. 60Ā°?

9250f700ded6c1c0

Just sent feedbackā€¦ if it could helpā€¦

I have two requests:

1. The timer of the error message disappearing from the screen if the zone is off could be adjustable, e.g. from 1 to 10 minutes. I would like to have the display darkend after 1 minute.

2. I am listening to classical music alot and there are long title names, so scrolling seems to be necessary. But the permanently scrolling is a bit irritating. :wink: It would be nice if the scrolling text feature would be adjustable too with a timer --> scrolling only 1 min after the title is started or so. Maybe there are some smarter possibillities.

Thanks again for the good work, Harry.

1 Like

Hi @Kevin_Owen,

Yes. I think the discussion was what kinda hardware you have/had.

Does Ropieee work with this remote control?
https://www.hifiberry.com/shop/accessories/wireless-remote-control/?fbclid=IwAR3kkuCjDPXQoUDDSd5inwdE6lq9HS4HkEyAVoZ8k-htdUoDsBgfbqhGwJc

Can support for it be added?

This looks like an OSMC clone, so it might already work out of the box.
If not it can be added.

Is it possible to add support for the Extension manager? It would be highly appreciated!

Hello Harry
you might add to the list: devices which support native DSD

Topping D 70
Topping D 50s

they play native DSD up to DSD 512

thanks for your great work

1 Like

I think this was requested some time ago but would it be possible for an option to turn off the red power led?

Would love to be able to display Sportify playing on the screen.
Picoreplayer could do that, however Ropieee is vastly superior so Iā€™m hoping this will be implemented at some point.

3 Likes

Some sort of trigger output, be it a dry contact or 5-12V from a RBP, so that when music starts playing, it turns on my amplifiers (which have 12v trigger inputs) and then a user-definable timer that once music stops playing, it disables the output (which Iā€™d imagine 15m would suffice). I realize it would probably require an external relay and external power to isolate the RBP output, which is easy to do.

Thanks!