RoPieee - Feature requests

Not a problem!

Thanks for considering.

Will continue using DietPi for dual Roon & HQPlayer endpoint use.

How about this for a featureā€¦a DAC Info TAB or area under Information tab for DAC details. This would include HATā€™s and or DACs on the USB.

1 Like

Harry, you have a nice option to turn off the red ACTIVITY light on the R-Pi. Is there a way to turn off that incredibly bright green POWER light? That would be a most welcome option. Thanks.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s too bad. Display of that album cover for which the playback ended 20 or 30 minutes ago really bugs me. Enough that I canā€™t use the program and went back to using piCorePlayer. I know - my personal quirk - Iā€™d have the clock appear after 20-30 secondsā€¦
How much of a donation do you want in order to write code that will give us a few choices about when the timeout kicks in? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Black nail polish

1 Like

:joy::+1:t2: ā€¦

Duct tape easier to remove

1 Like

heads up: this will be in the next release.

1 Like

Hi, thatā€™s available since a few versions now.

1 Like

Hi Ron, this will land with the next version.

1 Like

Thanks Harry! Iā€™m very happy with this feature!

Hi harry,

Thanks for including the option to use ropieee as an NAA!

Have a nice weekend

1 Like

And very nice it looks too

2 Likes

awesome, thank you.

@spockfish - Iā€™d love to see support for the Allo Relay Attenuator. I was a long time volumio guy but switches to ropiee xl and damned if itā€™s just not way more stable. The relay attenuator would let me get away with just a power amp and feel solid about actual volume control over fiddling with the bits.

Hi @NotGunnaTell_Ya that stepped attenuator has nothing to do with ropieee(XL). it attenuates the analoge signal and ropieee itself only uses digital signal. you can put this attenuator in between your dac and power amps.

I think a good digital attenuator will blow this allo unit away, but YMMV :wink:

Background I have three Allo Pi devices in house all running ropieee. Great idea the devices tab BTW wonderful to be able to monitor temp and updates.

Two of them are hooked to home theater receivers (used as preamps) as there is no HDMI video output the setup screens for AVR (for making speaker, input levels, etc wonā€™t come on).
Now you would say switch to another input make adjustments, the problem is some adjustments need to made per input. For this presently I have to switch to DietPi card boot up then back to Ropieee not a huge hardship.
Would it be possible to output a video signal, maybe medium grey background that could be toggled on or off from Advanced settings tab for instanceā€¦

Iā€™ve replaced dietpi with RopieeeXL on both my pi4 endpoints and then realized I previously had Roon Extension Manager and Deep Harmony installed on one of themā€¦short of adding another Pi to the network to get that functionality back, which while possible, seems very inelegant, it would be great to add those features to RopieeeXL! And also Bluebooth playback. Thank you!

1 Like

Will be the chance to change network parameters on wi-fi instead only for lan?

No definitely not. I regret making it possible on wired as well :wink:

Itā€™s rather simple: those people that want to configure an interface manually also know how to operate a router. Fixing an address can easily be done from a router.

On my side it complicates things and increases the test effort.

2 Likes