Ropieee Force Volume on Start Up

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 64bit Roon Version 1.7 Build 610

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

BT Home Hub Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Khadas Tone Control DAC

Description Of Issue

Force Volume does not work IN RoPieee?

Within RoPieee I have turned on force volume.
I have set the level to 10 and saved the setting and rebooted RoPieee.
I am using a FLIRC remote control USB interface.
I have programmed an Apple remote control this works OK.
I am using a Raspberry Pi4 with a RPi 7" touchscreen.
I am using a Khadas Tone Control DAC this has been configured to Device Volume in Roon.
When I open Roon the volume on the RPi touchscreen displays whatever the volume is in Roon.
If I set the volume level to 100 and power down Roon and my Pi4 and reboot the volume in Roon and on my touchscreen is set at 100 not 10 as set within RoPieee?
Am I missing something?

‘Force Volume’ works only with USB DAC’s, not with HAT’s.

Hello Harry

The DAC I’m using is not a HAT this is a stand alone DAC it is not connected via the 40 pin header connectors it connects directly to the USB port of the Pi this provides power and data details here;

hey harry :slight_smile: im using an dion audio loco V2 dac-amp and indeed that forve volumen does NOT work for that audio head :smile: is there a workaround for hats that they not start with 100? im on roon v1.8 ?
when i turn the stream on in the morning and still sleepy like this morning i forgot it and BOOOOOOMMMM awake :smiley: the speaker is still alive luckily :slight_smile:
cheers and thx Janosch

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.