Ropieee + HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro, drivers problem

Hello everybody.
I’m new here, trying to make magic happen with a friends setup.
I’ve already searched google and this forum without success.
I have a Ropieee with v240 and a HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro.
A few weeks ago it was working fine, seen by the Roon Core, etc.
Now he asked for my help because it stoped showing on the Roon Core although ropieee was on and online. Same network, etc, nothing changed.
So i started looking, and using internet’s help, i found something that might be the cause of the problem.

aplay -l shows:
aplay: device_list:272: no soundcards found…

And dmesg shows:
snd-hifiberry-digi soc:sound: ASoC: CODEC DAI wm8804-spdif not registered - will retry
wm8804 1-003b: Failed to read device ID: -121
wm8804: probe of 1-003b failed with error -121

Any idea what could be wrong and how to fix?

Thank you very much!

The first action would be to reflash Ropieee. A know good image is a good place to start.

This thread suggests checking the LED on the board to see whether it’s functioning:

To isolate try flashing the HiFiBerry Roon image to another SD card and seeing if that works. If it does it’s probably a a Ropieee issue, if not it’s possibly the card.

A slightly underpowered PSU could also be an issue.

Good luck…

Will do and post the results.
Thank you both!

Hi I was wondering what happened next… I have just taken delivery of Pi 3B+ and HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro HAT and trying to decide between HiFiBerry Roon or Ropieee

Well… we didn’t hear back from @Martin_Szmulewicz, but RoPieee supports the Hifiberry hardware.

So in the end it’s up to you. If you choose RoPieee there’s more then enough people over here to help out if necessary.

Regards,

1 Like

Well thank you very much for that, I will indeed give Ropieee a try.

2 Likes

Just to update, I have configured and installed RoPieee using a Raspberry Pi 3B+ and a HiFiBerry Digi + Pro, and it is installed and working with no problems. I simply followed the instructions in the setup guide https://codexwilkes.com/downloads/ropieee-guide-for-beginners.pdf and it all self installed and was easy peasy!

An excellent solution.

Hello. Sorry for not replying.
Indeed i haven’t give another try, since it was my boss’ rooopie and asked it back so i haven’t done anything further.
Thank you all anyway.
Regards.