RoPieee LCD Beta stuff - tell it like it is

Hehe of course you did. Best support in the business!

Just pushed out the update that fixes the issue with a not working screensaver when your Roon core is not running.

Thanks,

@spockfish Something is not right now with 2 of my unitsā€¦one seems to still be ok

I didnā€™t think to try the UI till after the restartā€¦here is feed back from one after the reboot with ref 4921e8b1d4ea2cd7 and the other is 666f7353efac5f48

Before power offā€¦not sure how long it was in this stateā€¦they were both basically showing the same thing

After a power off then on

My 3rd system just went to the text screen now tooā€¦but itā€™s still playing and UI is still workingā€¦I just sent feedback with ref 1b397d309f2290b0

Itā€™s very late and Iā€™m heading to bed now. Hope the feedback helps track things down.

Image is a bit dim but hope it helps

Got the same issue with this latest update Harry on both systems. Feedback sent c1356f2bb984a1ee what shall i do.

wait a moment. Iā€™ll check.

1 Like

Ok guys @CrystalGipsy and @wizardofoz, found the problem. I have it as well :frowning:

So sorry for this.

The distro RoPieee uses is ArchLinux, and those guys changed something that affects RoPieee. So thatā€™s bad.

Iā€™m first going to fix it, and then make sure this doesnā€™t happen again. This will take some time though (need to rebuild a package), but I expect it to be corrected within a few hours. Iā€™ll keep you posted.

Thanks for the reports.

1 Like

Ok Harry. Thanks for the prompt action

ok guys. this is seriously broken :frowning:

building this stuff takes hours and I really need to go to bed.
I will continue tomorrow to repare this.

1 Like

I think music is still playingā€¦it went to stop mode on the alarm extension as I was already sleeping so all good functionally as an andpointā€¦but lcd operation is kaput ā€¦ Harry in your own time mate!

yeah music will continue. this only affects the screen.

1 Like

Another plus for the disable updates option camp I guess.

okā€¦ status update.

Iā€™ve been able to get stuff back up running again on my system. Iā€™ll spare you the details, but it costed me the night :wink: ahh well.

Anyways, weā€™re not there yet, because this was just a ā€˜quickā€™ validation to see if my first analysis of yesterday evening was correct. Good news it is, but I still need considerable time to repair this.

Good that we did not end the beta period just yetā€¦

1 Like

Yep this is a beta and as such we expect issues to crop up. I think everybody feels the same as me, extremely grateful for your efforts to date. Donā€™t fret, fix it in your own time.

Ok guys, just pushed out an update that fixes the touchscreen!

It will require a reboot though and unfortuntelay you canā€™t see the software component on the web page (I need to change that) as this is a new component.

So best way is to reboot, wait for 20 minutes or so, and then do a reboot again.

1 Like

Dad confirmed, ~15 minutes after his Core is shutdown, the screen is back to sleeping again.

Much appreciated Harry!

Ok well I have 3 rebooted LCD ropieeeā€™s banging away at the update servers I assume now. Fingers X its all happening like magic - Maybe we can nick name you Harry ā€œpotterā€ Spockfish :smiley:

1 Like

All good now Harry. Thanks.

2 Likes

Even the Mrs has made a commentā€¦ā€the raspberry pi thingy is doing stuffā€¦oh the clock is back thatā€™s goodā€

Well done solving the issue Harry, you seem to make it sound all doom and gloom and then in no time at all itā€™s all good to go :smile:

Guys,

Just put out another update to the beta channel.

Changes:

• entering settings is done by pressing the right below corner in stead of right top.
  • the small clock in the player window is gone.
  • if the zone is not playing, a power icon will appear in the upper right corner with which you can blank it
  • increased the time out on the settings page from 10 to 30 seconds
  • dimmed the clock a bit
  • increased the clock font size a bit

If nothing strange popsā€™up I really hope this is the last beta :wink:

Enjoy your weekend!

4 Likes