RoPieee LCD Beta stuff - tell it like it is

banging away at the nails like a programmer possessed :smiley: Maybe I better un dim my lowest setting incase its headed to non viewable

Good work Iā€™m away until next weekend so wonā€™t be able to feedback until I return. Howā€™s the boot loop file system stuff going?

Iā€™ve already changed (in development) to a more ā€˜conservativeā€™ choice for a filesystem and are changed some other small parts in the boot up cycle.

Iā€™m testing this on my home system and if all works ok for a few days then Iā€™ll release that as well.

2 Likes

The manual ā€˜sleep display nowā€™ button in the top right is brilliant Harry.

Perfecto.

1 Like

Guys, with landing the touchscreen stuff in stable you might want to switch to the stable channel. Thatā€™s something you can on the ā€˜advancedā€™ tab.

Iā€™ll keep the beta channel alive to test things out, but with a more conservative approach then during beta testing the screen.

@dabassgoesboomboom I can imagine this is the time to switch your old man to stable.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Switched to stable thanks Harry. Just got back from holiday and the new off button is perfect.

So here is a newb question, I am going to buy an LCD screen, is this the one I want?

I read that I need the Official foundation LCD. Just want to make sure I get the right one.

Thatā€™s the oneā€¦

1 Like

Ok, thanks.

Yes, it looks like you picked the right one.

1 Like

I also purchased one of these at the same timeā€¦
https://www.amazon.com/RS-Raspberry-7-Inch-Touch-Screen/dp/B01GQFUWIC/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1504296675&sr=8-13&keywords=raspberry+pi+touchscreen

Iā€™m using this case as well. It works fine but you cannot change the viewing angle.

I bought this one:

I will also be putting the HiFiberry Digi+ Pro and soldering a BNC connector on to it in there.

1 Like

But it is not enough space inside for the DAC (HiFiBerry DAC+ Zero). You have to fix it with tape.

The one i bought looks like this on the back:

They sell a few different cover depths to cover the HAT (some modification need to get the connections out):

Done last night Harry with both of his units. Thanks and congrats on the hard work through the beta phase up to now.

Harry, FYI, after switching to stable, the config magically added two single quotes to the Roon control zone on the display tab.

Feedback provided: 66dc37b7125cc5c2

This happened to me on a new beta install a few days ago. At the time I just thought it was a typo and removed them.

Interesting. It didnā€™t happen to me (single quotes appearing) after switching to stable, but my zone is a single word - no spaces involvedā€¦

Thatā€™s the reason :wink:

But itā€™s a one-time thingie.