RoPieee LCD Beta stuff - tell it like it is

Harry, willl we be able to easily switch to main channel or will it require a full reinstall.

Great work Harry. Much appreciated all of your efforts on so many things you have put in of late. Hope you get some donations :grin: See the bottom of the www.ropieee.org page for how to donate :money_mouth_face:

My failed updates is resolvedā€¦Harry to the rescue and all sorted :smiley: thankfully via the command line, not having to dismantle the display case.

Guys, great news!

Iā€™ve got hardware rendering reliably working, which means that scrolling texts are back on.

This means a slight change of plans though: I first want to test this out in the beta channel, so weā€™re gonna prolong the beta period just a little bit.

Not sure when I can deliver this. Iā€™ve got it working over here, but I need to do quite some cleaning up before I can make this available, so be patient :wink:

Thanks

4 Likes

wow! :thumbsup:

Hey Harry @spockfish

My old man has been leaving his Ropieee Touchscreen Digi+ PRO on all week since the screen turns off.

His auto daily reboot is set to 3AM.

He said last night after he finished Roon-ing, he watched some Wimbledon :tennis: Then before he went to sleep, he checked that the Touchscreen display had turned off, as usual - and everything was good so he went to sleep :sleeping:

This morning he woke up and the screen was on, and it showed the 2 lines about ā€œRoon is not connectedā€ so he was surprised :open_mouth: the screen was on when he woke up.

I just asked him what version extension he is running and itā€™s 0.3.3 still.

So it seems it did the usual 3AM reboot but for some reason it didnā€™t update but also the screen didnā€™t go to sleep after the 3AM reboot this time.

Heā€™s done a reboot and it still hasnā€™t updated.

I had the same problem at my end but I just wiped my SD card and did a fresh install and itā€™s fine - it pulled the latest v0.3.3.5 on the fresh install for me. But he wouldnā€™t know how to do a fresh install.

If it doesnā€™t self update for him, thatā€™s fine, Iā€™m happy for him to leave it with version 0.3.3 until I visit him :red_car: :oncoming_automobile: next weekend.

But just some feedback for you, because the auto-update is a cool feature but for the first time, it didnā€™t work smoothly for him and me (but itā€™s more of a problem for him :older_man: than me :baby: ).

Same problem I hadā€¦itā€™s an easy usg ssh fix, if you have teamviewer or the like on your dads pc/mac you could remote in and sort it out.

Ya but ext 0.3.3 is working fine and more importantly RoonBridge and HiFiBerry is un-affected so Roony Tunes :notes: can keep flowing until I visit him next time

A few weeks ago I requested that the automatic 24-hourly reboot be disabled (or an option) because I envisaged this exact issue may come up with dadā€™s setup. So maybe something to consider for the ā€˜mainā€™ release Harry?

Itā€™s partially in there already or at least some indication of itā€™s potentially being in there. When you do a commit there a 1 value for auto reboot.

Interestingly the 2 lcd setups I have without hats have updated no issues from 0.3.3 to .4 then to .5 so maybe itā€™s an issue for those with hats and lcd.

1 Like

Yeah your correct. This issue only affects those that run a touchscreen.

1 Like

v0.3.5 on my Touchscreen is looking really nice btw :+1:

Does this mean a ā€œcommitā€ will fix it, without having to SSH?

No it means option to not reboot daily is being prepared. To fix the failed update you need to run a couple of commands via ssh

No dramas, thanks mate

Harry & Wizard both my Ropieeeā€™s have stopped updating stuck on 0.3.3 what do I need to do to manually fix this?

Simon I will leave this to Harry to post something privately perhaps. While mine was one issue (and yours and Seanā€™s are probably the same) its his call as to what is best I think.

Fair enough. I sent feedback through the webui for both my systems.

@CrystalGipsy @spockfish Harry I have PMā€™d Simon the same info and response based on what you gave me so he can try something in case you are tied up with life :stuck_out_tongue: Explaining if its not exactly the same errors I had to check with you first.

Simon are you running a HAT - if so what model?

Your method worked great thanks. I have a HifiBerry Amp+ and Hifi Berry Digi + HATS,

Ok this is interesting then ā€¦ both my non HATā€™ed displays updated no issuesā€¦but it seems I think @dabassgoesboomboom and yours and my HATā€™ed displays for some reason have had failed update issuesā€¦

@spockfish maybe now you have a hat to play with you can see if you can replicate this. I think my IQAudIO DigiAMP+ setup was installed with the 170616 beta build initially.

1 Like