Ropieee no audio output - how to activate audio-outputs?

You have the Pro but configured only Digi +
Is there a specific reason therefore? - i configured Digi+ Pro

Hmm, either that’s left over from my last HAT or when I configured the RPi the Pro option wasn’t available.

My way works. Try it.

Just tried it.
Didnt work with 192
With 44,1 i have cruel loud clicks

My settings now

I have BIT DEPTH CONVERSION, i do not know why.

You are using volume leveling which also puts greater requirements on the endpoint hardware. Turn off Volume leveling and see if the situation improves.

Really, turn off all DSP for now.

1 Like

And where should i turn off?
I really do not know
It is already disabled - or os there an additional menue?

Edit:
Just found it
There are 3 different places to setup

Right click on the Zone icon.

KB article about volume leveling.

BTW - What does the ‘Advanced Portion’ of your ‘Device Setup’ look like?

If you are thinking that ‘Fixed Volume’ means ‘Volume Leveling’, it doesn’t.

To turn off ‘Volume Leveling’, right click on Zone icon.

I have a Digi+ Pro in a HifiBerry housing. It seems to me all your settings are correct. My HifiBerry initially was problematic because upon fitting it in the HifiBerry steel casing the HAT was not connected correctly to the RPi. In my case the HAT was not recognized at all. I then re-assembled the RPi and HAT outside the casing and then it worked.
As per your current status description I would suspect the assembly of the HAT to the RPi as well. Maybe worth a try to test the RPi assembly without casing?

I did already test without casing. I testet with and without hat, with and without casing, with and without original power supply,…about 14 hours of testing.
Not really plug and play. Seems to be a monday unit :wink:

I now ordered a second hat digi+ (first one was a digi+ pro), which will come on Dezember 30.
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0147RPBXC/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_image_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am not sure, if the hifiberry digi+ pro is working as designed. It might be broken.
The power adapter delivered by this company did also not work as designed.
I took after 4 hours of testing a different one. (Being an apple-user, i normally have lightning adapters, no usb-c-adapters)
The power adapter was not completely dead, it showed one short led-flash after 50 seconds, thats all. As it was my first rasperry, i did not know, if this is a normal behaviour.
If the first power supply was completely dead, i would be much easier to detect the broken power support.
Video - led flash at second 54
https://youtu.be/wYFctZ_QjTE

With my own power support, led is always on.

Thank you all for you really great feedback.

Red LED is always on on my RPi3 with Ropieee and green LED is flashing at 0,5Hz. If I disable the LED from Ropieee user interface neither LED is on.

Yes with the new powersupply it was the same - LED were ok.

When you turned off ‘Volume Leveling’, did your signal path change?

Yes, but it did not solve my problem.

I ordered a new audiocard digi+ from a different seller.

And then i will check it out again.

From this seller - power supply was broken.
And i believe, also the digi+ pro is broken.

Yeah, that would seem to be the case.

Post your results.

What is the best card for roon when i need KOAX and optical SPDIF?

And what is the best passive cooling system for a Raspberry with hat? (if necessary with a Pi 4)

And what is the best power supply - or is there no difference at all?

HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro.

Don’t worry about cooling. I don’t run any cooling options. It isn’t a problem.

Probably doesn’t matter. If you are running an RPi 3 and you absolutely feel you need a PS, then iFi iPower wall wart.

1 Like

Hi @Rugby

How does volume levelling affect the end point hardware ?

I always assumed all that work was done in the core

Am I wrong ?