Ropieee not showing in as endpoint

Hi

I’ve been using Roon for some time with my Meridian MS600 which has worked perfectly. I’ve decided to use a PI I had laying around to connect to a pair of Meridian DSP speakers I have.

I purchased the HifiBerry Digi2 Pro, connected this to my Pi and installed RoPieee. This has recognised the HAT correctly and after configuring the device and restarting this I can see this in Roon under Settings>About with this showing as a Roon Bridge device. However, when I go to Settings>Audio this does not show up (the MS600 still shows here correctly).

I’ve tried restarting the Pi and the Roon Core and I still can not see the Pi as an endpoint in Settings>Audio. I’m sure I’m doing something stupid but I’m. To sure what it is :slightly_frowning_face: Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

Welcome from one Johnny to another!

Suggest @moderators move this to the #audio-gear-talk:ropieee section and see if one of the more sophisticated users can help you out before you bug Harry himself.

Personally, I’ve found that if the Ropieee is showing up as a RoonBridge in Settings/About, but if there is no endpoint visible in Settings/Audio, it means that the USB isn’t recognizing the DAC. I had a while misunderstanding that because the endpoint wasn’t visible when it was on but the DAC was off; one I understood that it was simpler. But that may not be your situation exactly.

Good luck!

@Johnny_Ooooops Is on the right track. Roon won’t see a bridge until there is a hardware audio device. For USB this requires an active DAC. However, for something like the Digi2, the Pi only needs to be correctly configured for the bridge to see the SPDIF interface. No DAC needs be connected.

For this reason, I suspect the Digi2 isn’t really set-up in RoPieee yet. You selected the correct Hat model in the dropdown, disabled usb, did a reconfig / save, and reboot?

If this is moved to RoPieee group you can send feedback from the RoPieee web interface, provide the feedback id, and the dev will respond with. He’s a great resource! I just don’t want to wake by tagging here.

That is not necessary :wink:

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the tips so far. The config was already showing the HifiBerry Digi2 Pro when RoPieee was initially installed, it must have auto detected. However, I changed it to another HAT, saved the config and restarted. Then changed it back to the correct HAT, saved config and rebooted again.

This still shows up in Settings>About as a bridge device, but when I go to Settings>Audio I still don’t see this device. Any other ideas I can try?

Is it a Pi 4?

Could be that you run into this issue:

https://www.hifiberry.com/blog/compatibility-issues-of-the-digi2-pro-and-raspberry-pi-4-rev-1-5/

No, is a Pi 3 B

Is there any tests I can do to check if there’s a fault with the HAT? I can’t see any light coming from the TOSLINK socket at the moment.

You can send me feedback so I can have a look.
You’ll find that option on the advanced tab.

Done, thanks for helping with this :slightly_smiling_face:

I need the UUID being shown.

be75c15d-3b87-40c8-b8ac-4d78887e9f08

That is not correct. It’s not the identifier showed on the feedback page.

Yes, sorry. I realised that and updated the post

Unit UUID is be75c15d-3b87-40c8-b8ac-4d78887e9f08 on the info page

I don’t need the Unit UUID. There’s an identifier shown on the ‘feedback’ page. That’s the one I need.

Doh! I’ve sent the feedback again and it’s given an ID of 8dd29d70163d6339

So from the logs everything seems ok. Audio device is there, unit sees Roon Server.

Maybe a stupid question… but did you actually enabled the endpoint in Roon?

Hi Harry

There are no stupid questions when it comes to me. I thought it would appear in Settings>Audio and I enable it there, but I don’t see it listed there. Is there somewhere else I need to go first?

Does anyone else have any ideas or am I at a dead end now :frowning: