Ropieee Not Showing The Web UI

Hi,
This is extrange, Ropieee is working perfectly fine. It connects to Roon and plays music as always, however I can not see the web UI. It kind of “hangs on” trying to open it. I tried using both “ropieee.local” (http://ropieee.local/) or the IP address without success. The web UI was working fine the last time (7 -10 days ago) I used Ropieee.

Please advise and TIA

Did you already rebooted RoPieee?

I just did, still the same.

ok… that’s weird. I really would love to have the feedback, but if the web page is not working…

Are you on stable?

Using http://ropieee.local doesn’t work here either - but then again, I never use it; I always use the actual IP address of the Ropieee RPi on the home network - and that always works.

I notice that in the DHCP lease table on my DHCP server, the hostname shows as “unknown”, instead of (presumably) “RoPieee”. I suspect this is why the name can’t be resolved…

I think this is different. @Jose_de_los_Santos also tried the IP address directly, and that didn’t work either.

1 Like

Ah - sorry - I missed the bit where he said the IP address didn’t work either. Speed reading gets me into all sorts of trouble…

1 Like

Could you send me a feedback of your system? I want to know why your hostname is reported as ‘unknown’ to your router.

Feedback sent: ef59060517604d51

My DHCP server is part of a Sophos UTM 9 system. The lease table does seem to have a lot of “unknown” hosts in it, so it may not be an issue with RoPieee…

1 Like

Have you any computer knowledge? Are you familiair with SSH?

Hi Harry,
I can deal with troubleshooting/installations of mild to moderated complexity (at times with the help of Google) on Win, Mac and on my network/NAS. I once used PuTTY from a Win7 PC to SSH into my RasPi back when I was using the moOde player.
OTOH I just discovered that if I let the browser hanging on for a couple of minutes or so eventually will access the web page. Likewise, once the web page has been accessed, if I try to switch between tabs (General, Advance and Information) it will also take that long to move from one tab to the other.
Thanks

PS: feedback sent 0d921906ab5d47c4

1 Like

Mines been very slow since the last couple of updates on beta channel and continues on stable. It can hang around a minute or so until the page displays and switching tabs is very slow. I put it down to my router but it looks like it could be Ropieee.

For the record I changed the default hostname as I have two systems to be livingroom and diningroom. Not sure if this is part of the issue.

ok… this is a mystery to me. Logs from @Jose_de_los_Santos seem ok. On my systems it works perfectly.

Now, @Jose_de_los_Santos and @CrystalGipsy would be great if you can test this several times a day to see if there’s a pattern here or this is a continuous issue.

Thanks,

Hi Harry it’s the same for me.
For a long time now I don’t have http access neither by ropiee.local or IP address.
It works fine on roon and I can log on over ssh. I run a port scan and the only available service is ssh.
The morning scheduled restart works fine and I have also tried hard power cycle with no different results
Thanks in advance Vasilis

please login into SSH and run:

pacman -Syu ropieee-web
systemctl enable ropieee-web

Thanks.

Thanks for this Harry
I have tried your suggestion and I get

Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
After running the first command and replying yes to both questions

but can you show me output?

ok. you need to reflash, something is damaged on the fs.