Ropieee not showing up in audio

Can you send me feedback? I can have a quick look.

Hi Harry, sorry, I’ve got Volumio running on it at the moment.

I think I can swap it over later in the day.

Going to try reinstalling Roon bridge on that, but if that fails I’ll swap it back later on today.

Hi, tried a reboot and also tried the reinstall Roon ridge tab but no luck as yet.

f7d812264fd42b6c is the feedback

So - Volumio is not playing either - that is giving me some weird issues. So I’m going to put XL back on it and use either Airplay or Squeezelite/LMS whatever I can get to work.

Yeah still a problem with Roon Bridge.
Going crazy here, because I can’t reproduce it :exploding_head:

I’ve created a new issue in the support area of the forum. Let’s wait and see…

“Nice” to see more people having problems with Ropieee right now.
My endpoint started loosing connection late last week on my office setup (RP 3 wireless with Ropieee XL). Roon software was updated in the same period. So I downloaded Ropieee XL and uploaded new firmware on a new memory card as I wasn’t sure if the old was failing - after the update I’ve had no connection with Roon…

@spockfish Do you have a link to the support request?

So @bevan_court ,

Are you willing for some experiments? You need to switch to ‘regular’ RoPieee though, or the beta of XL. I’m going to try to add some logging information to Roon’s script to figure out what is going on…

Thanks

So I’ve installed a ‘rescue script’ that should provide more info on what’s going on.

What do you need?

• ‘regular’ RoPieeee that won’t show up in Roon
  • reboot
  • send me feedback

Thanks

I’m happy to. I’ll switch to the beta of XL, at least I’ll get Airplay that way.

I’ve managed to get some logging from a user, so right now it’s back with the Roon team…

@bevan_court reboot your unit, let sit there for 5 minutes and reboot it again.

I’ve managed to fix the issue.

This requires you current stable ‘regular’ RoPieee, or the beta of XL.

Thanks

1 Like

You sir are an absolute legend! I will be making a donation to the cause!

@spockfish You are a scholar and a gentleman. All back to normal. Donation coming your way.

Your support, as ever, is amazing. Would be great if companies like iFi would be this dedicated to supporting a product.

Hi, I’m reporting the same issue. No ropiee under audio settings in roon.

Connected via Ethernet, it’s a mesh type network, where server is connected via Ethernet to another node.

Rpi4, audiophonics Digi driver based board, used to run on volumio before.

RoPieeeXL 2024.03 (1451)

Sorry, I’ve overlooked the fact that the thread is two years old.