Ropieee on the New Raspberry Pi 4

Let’s see…no clicks with the RME ADI2 DAC and my cd player, bluray player, both of my Squeezeboxes, Raspi 3 (USB and with Digiberry coax) , but an occasional click with the Raspi 4. Excuse me but it’s not weird to expect a problem with the Raspi 4.

:man_facepalming:

My issue isn’t with the Pi4, its between Roon and my CD player.

Anyway this thread is about Pi4 not my issues so back to Pi4 :slight_smile:

You seemed to specifically reply to my responses, so forgive me for misunderstanding you. Let’s move on.

1 Like

would the RPi 4 be a better option for a DAC that can do DSD1024 and 1536K PCM?

I would be surprised if it had the grunt to handle that even with a very lightweight audio optimized OS. It would probably still struggle at even half that.

II don’t have an R-PI 4 yet - after discovering some issue with the power connector, I decide to leave it until they have done a board revision to fix it. Also the 4GB models seem to be hard to hold of.

1 Like

I stream native DSD512 to my Oppo Sonica DAC via RPi3B (not even a +) via LAN and USB no issues at all with Ropieee

Interesting - its probably DAC dependent then.

I guess that does fit in with other suspicions I have had over the Pro-ject S2 digital. I ended up plugging it into an intel nuc instead due to the P-PI 3B+ having too many issues with it at higher sample rates or with MQA. OTOH my dragonfly red had no issue with MQA despite being used in exactly the same way with the same settings.

So I now have my Flirc USB reciver and have mapped play, pause, stop, next, previous etc. I tried windows commands as I could test on my PC and it worked a treat but does not work with Ropieee.

What type on commands should I pick? Windows don’t work (as expected).

@spockfish

I’ve configured mine as ‘multi media control’.
First question: is it recognized by RoPieee? So you see it mentioned in the Remote Control tab?

I don’t know how I could see if its recognised. How would I do that? I had a look at the multi media function but didn’t see either a pause or stop option can’t remember which it was. I will do it again as media controls.

You can see if it is recognized in RoPieee’s webinterface, on the ‘remote control’ tab.
The first field is called ‘Remote Control’ and should mention the Flirc.

I didn’t know there was a ropieee interface. How do I access it?

And media controls didn’t work for me. I didn’t see a pause option and that sucks too.

How long should Ropieee take to configure itself on RPi 4? I’ve been waiting so long, I’m not sure if something has gone wrong or if this is normal.

Cool! I didn’t know it was possible. That’ll be my new little project…cuz everything is running stable now. :slight_smile: (both Raspi’s) Even the click seems to have disappeared. Not sure why. I did turn off the Force Volume option (I misunderstood its function), but I don’t know if it’s related. Anyway, I sent you a little donation for your hard work a while ago, Harry. Thanks!

5 minutes.

is it connected to the internet?

I’ve found the Web inferface and the usb by flirc isn’t showing up. It’s plugged into a USB 3 port at the moment.

Any tips? PS as I said earlier I will be making a donation for your efforts it’s appreciated greatly.

Update - just noticed I was running version 318 and it’s now 321 and it is showing my remote! I’m so chuffed but need to sleep now. Will play tomorrow and see what I can get working.

It is, thanks. I power cycled it and it’s working now.

That’s something that happened to me too, it hangs when rebooting/updating settings. I fixed it by unplugging the power.

I bought my first PI to use as a Roon bridge. It is a PI 4 with 4GB. I successfully loaded the CanaKit Noobs OS and it works fine. But now I’ve tried every bin file on this thread. None of them will end in a start screen. They will all go through the loading sequence, but there is no screen output when it completes no matter how long I let it sit there or when I cycle it. Again I am totally new to the PI so I’m likely doing something wrong. I’m using Etcher to load the bin file onto an 8gb card after formatting it with SD Card Formatter. Can anyone help the rookie please? Maybe I should have bought a PI 3 instead of the 4?

Ropieee only outputs to an official 7 inch screen. You won’t get an output via HDMI.