Ropieee on the New Raspberry Pi 4

Ok,
I just don’t want it to shut down while playing music because of some thermal issues :wink: just kidding
I really like the speed increase.

The 3+ ran way hotter than 3 I was worried when I first got one but it’s never been an issue.

1 Like

I believe that is true already with the Raspberry Pi 3B+…at least for Wi-Fi / USB.

So… anyone feels up to it to give it another shot? It’s a long one (I still don’t have a unit), but who knows :wink:

http://image.ropieee.org/20190628-ropieee-ose-beta.bin

solid lights on the networkport, solid red light on the front

Then I give up for now until I’ve received my unit. Grrrrr.

1 Like

Where did you order it?

sos solutions.

Ah, I ordered at Kiwi Electronics

Let’s see next week. If I don’t get an update on monday I’ll order another one.

You can come and pickup mine :sweat_smile:

Much appreciated @Dick_Vliek!

I’m still (somewhat) optimistic I can get one this week.

Regards,

1 Like

I’ll order mine this week :slight_smile:

RPI 4 1GB and 2GB are finally available in Germany, 4GB… newp, can’t get it anywhere.
I realize that Ropieee was doing just fine with 1GB on RPI 3B+, but I figure, why not get 4GB now and who knows what Hary will do with Ropieee in the future?? (Dual 4K HDMI, right? Wow is that going to be some bodacious clock display!)

Ordered at kiwi, apparently in stock cuz it will arrive tomorrow.

Good news, mine is arriving tomorrow!

5 Likes

That’s good news for everybody! :blush:

1 Like

There seems to be new firmware (already) to lower the temperature:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=243500&p=1490467#p1490467

3 Likes

Mine order for a 4Gb version is set voor July 21!

Hope you get it on time!

Here (from Reichelt) I see “Voraussichtlich lieferbar ab: 11.07.2019”, and they even restrict you to one (!) “Weltweit haben alle Approved Reseller nur geringe Mengen für den Launch zur Verfügung gestellt bekommen, daher haben wir die Verkaufsmenge vorübergehend auf 1 Stück pro Kunde begrenzt. Wir bitten um Verständnis.”