Ropieee - Roon unable to find Core

Ive installed Ropieee on a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3 and by entering the IP address in a browser on my laptop I can see the app is running.

I have then installed the Roon Remote app on my android mobile phone, as soon as the app launches it asks me to “Choose your Roon Core” and the message “Looking for your Roon Core” appears. This is as far as I can get as the app never locates the core.
I have also installed the Roon app on my Windows 10 laptop, when the app launches I get the same results, it asks me to “Choose your Roon Core” and the message “Looking for your Roon Core” appears.

Does anyone have any idea what I have missed or doing wrong?

Thank you in advance for any help.

@JOHN_DAY Ropieee is a roon endpoint…a core must run on a computer like a PC/MAC

You need to go back and re read the architecture page on the https://roonlabs.com/howroonworks website

1 Like

Install the Roon core on your laptop. install the Roon control app on your Android phone. Install RoPieee on your RPi3. Connect your DAC to your RPi3.

Thank you for the replies, Ive got it now. Ive already got a NUC Core and now got the bridge working.

2 Likes