RoPieee to CXN - Cant play any tracks?

Ok… RoPieee does not support USB1 devices, while DietPi does.

This is something I need to change. Good that you’re able to listen to music, but obviously I’m interested in getting the CXN working with RoPieee as well :wink:

Are you willing to do some thinkering?

I have DietPi and RoPieee on separate cards, so its very easy for me to switch back and forth.

Happy to help with USB1 support for RoPieee/CXN.

ok great. Forget about my remarks on usb1 and dietpi, that’s not it.

can you login to your dietpi and run:

cat /proc/cmdline.txt

Thanks!

root@DietPi:/proc# cat /proc/cmdline
8250.nr_uarts=0 bcm2708_fb.fbwidth=1280 bcm2708_fb.fbheight=720 bcm2708_fb.fbswap=1 vc_mem.mem_base=0x3ec00000 vc_mem.mem_size=0x40000000 dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty1 root=PARTUUID=27504eef-02 rootfstype=ext4 elevator=deadline fsck.repair=yes rootwait

Thanks. This seems to be a kernel issue in combination with the CXN’s faulty USB implementation.
Can’t really explain why it’s working on DietPi, except that you might be running a different kernel version.
Can you do a

uname -a

Up-to-date DietPi runs 4.14.34-v7+ (same as Raspbian, I believe).

Linux DietPi 4.14.34-v7+ #1110 SMP Mon Apr 16 15:18:51 BST 2018 armv7l GNU/Linux

hmmm… that’s the same as me.

Can you send me the kernel config?

zcat /proc/config

And @Kelly_McRobb,

Just to be sure: you put the CXN on USB1 in it’s settings right?

I do have the CXN using USB1 mode. Whats the easiest way to send you the kernel configuration?

send me an email to

htenberge (at) gmail (dot) com

done, on its way.

Just for future reference here are the steps I followed. (Pi3B+)

sudo modprobe configs
zcat /proc/config.gz > config.txt

Out of curiosity I thought I would try USB2 mode 2 with DietPi and that works as well, including playing a 192k/24 track.

Hi @Kelly_McRobb,

I’ve created a new kernel, in the beta channel.
So go the the advanced tab and set the update channel to beta.
Put the update schedule on ‘on_boot’, reboot and check if your unit has updated (111).

Then you need to update again, so you’re actually running the new kernel.
And then you can test :wink:

Thanks!

I made the requested changes and rebooted several times however I am still running V110.

Give it some time (20 minutes or so). It works for me.

Still no joy here for me yet, do I need to be whitelisted on your end?

nope. Can you have a look on the info page? And see what the version is over there? might be a caching thing in the webpage.

I tried a different web browser.