Ropieee - Wifi won’t work on Pi 3+

I just upgraded to a Pi 3+ and would like to play with Wifi. It shows its enabled with the correct password. I have rebooted multiple times, and in all kinds of sequences. Nothing works. Also, it does not show my 5-GHz wifi as an option. Any ideas?

Logs have been sent to RoPieee HQ with unique identifier 183e5ed9ec7df841

Hi @Bill_Soukoreff,

I’ll have a look and report back to you.

Regards Harry

Wow, thanks Harry!

hmmm… that’s a ‘chicken and egg’ kinda situation. I did not receive your feedback data as the network is not working properly :frowning:

Can you plugin a cable and retry?

Thanks,

:slight_smile: How about now?

Logs have been sent to RoPieee HQ with unique identifier e2b2c1739dcb3ba7

Djeeezz… something wrong in my infrastructure as it didn’t work again :frowning:
Repaired it, so could you do it one more time? And before you do, could you (try to) configure wifi?

Then I get that info as well in the logs.

Thanks!

Logs have been sent to RoPieee HQ with unique identifier d3914c7bead3e72a

Logs have been sent to RoPieee HQ with unique identifier 7d644effa5632241

One more for good measure.

Also, FYI, I did a complete new flash to the SD card as well when I was troubleshooting. It also never worked with my Pi 3 either.

Thanks for your help!

Ha!

I know what the problem is… you have an essid (wifi network name) that has spaces in it. That’s something that’s failing.

So the bad news: you hit a bug.
The so so news: I know what is.

I’ve put it on the list, and I’ll poke you when I’ve got an update available.

Thanks,

1 Like

Thanks Harry!

I took out the space, and now it works! It doesn’t show the 5ghz option, but that could be something to do with my Apple Time Machine. thanks again!

1 Like

5G only works on the 3 B+.

Yes, I have the 3 B+. But it does not show the 5G option.

hmmm… it does on mine.

It chould be an apple thing. :slight_smile:

Weird. I see 5G networks being reported in your log file.

I just turned off 2.5 and now their is no option. So its definity not picking up the 5G.

Perhaps it’s the channel being used that the pi doesn’t like . Certain devices cant see all the 5ghz channels. I have this issue at home with my Amazon stick.

2 Likes

Thanks Simon, that was it. Changed the channel.

2 Likes