RoPieee with Questyle CAS192D DAC

If it helps I can give you SSH access to the ropieee

Ha! There it is. So this second interface does support DSD, but it does not support PCM. Hence the error msg as Roon requires that.

What’s interesting is the fact that this USB chipset identifies itself as 2 separate DAC’s… That’s a first.

Can you disable the second one? You can do that from the menu on the right.

yep I have tried that

Doesn’t offer me anything new - Assume I am looking for a Direct option here - like I see in ASIO driver from windows.

Yes, that should pop up.

I’m really confused about the device showing up with 2 detected USB devices. That’s so weird…

I cannot get anything to play down the second zone. None of the settings get it to work. Like it doesn’t really exist.

Chris

Yeah. Because this should not happen. The second device advocates the DSD stuff (which is good), but obviously it should have been under the first device.

This is the reason why it’s not working (Roon obviously doens’t like a device that only does DSD), but it’s not Roon to blame. It’s the device.

There’s nothing what you can do for now, except try to start up communication with does guys. Because they are able to do it right, as this chipset is also used in the Hegel DAC.

I’m more then willing to help out with the communication part, and explain them what’s wrong.

Let me know!

Just to be clear do you mean the Roon guys or the QUESTYLE guys?

Ta

Questyle guys

OK have emailed their support line - we shall see!

1 Like