Hi, after some extensive googling and a whole lot of luck, I was able to install HQPlayer NAA on my RopieeeXL! And it works!
Since it involved a lot of trial and error and I’m a complete Linux noob, I don’t have step by step instructions to repeat the process, but here are the general steps.
- ssh into RopieeeXL
- create a new user since root cannot “make” packages
- add this user to the sudo list
- install a package called debtap using pacman. deptap converts .deb packages to something that can be installed on arch linux
4b) as root, run debtap -u to update debtap data files
- download the latest naa .deb package from signalyst with wget
- follow the debtap instructions to convert the .deb file
- install NAA
- use systemd to start NAA on restart
I know step by step instructions would be much more helpful, and if I get another pi 4, I can try to document the steps more carefully, but at this point, I’m hesitant to change anything!
One thing to mention is during the HQPlayer make process, I encountered some errors, but I just plowed through and in the end, I got a file that installed properly and is working (eg, it’s recognized by HQPlayer and plays fine). I’m not 100% sure, but the only different I can tell is the volume appears to be louder than using the Dietpi install on the same Pi 4 and same DAC.
One question is what happens when RopieeeXL updates itself? Will that erase all user changes?
Have fun and enjoy!