New user here. I tried searching the forums for existing answers, but none seemed to apply to my issue. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!
Here is my setup: RopieeeXL (latest build) installed on Raspberry Pi 4 (CanaKit) with USB output to Schiit Modi 3+ DAC to Fosi BT20A Amp. Ethernet is not plugged into the Raspberry Pi and RopieeeXL has been configured to connect over WiFi.
I first set it up as a Roon endpoint about 3+ weeks ago, and have been using it without any issues throughout the 2-week free trial period (an old Macbook Air served as the Roon server).
Once the free trial period expired I set up the UPnP/DLNA with USB output (and software volume control on) and have been experimenting with playing Tidal tracks via BubbleUPnP and MConnect Lite on my OnePlus 7Pro and also iPad Air (original or 2G I think). Everything seemed to work fine at first. The problem is that the RopieeeXL seems to disappear periodically from the UPnP device list in both apps on both devices (MConnect only for iPad; AFAIK, there is no iOS version of BubbleUPnP). Furthermore, sometimes the RopieeeXL web interface is unresponsive - i.e., the website times out and I can’t ssh into it either. A reboot fixes the problem, and everything works for some time before the same issue occurs again. Sometimes the web interface is responsive, but I still can’t see RopieeeXL in the device list of the UPnP apps. And sometimes the RopieeeXL magically reappears on the device list. And to complicate things even more, sometimes I can see the device in one app, but not in another.
Just sent feedback in case spockfish can help (a56d30d5a38268e4). I’ve been really enjoying the experience when I was using it with Roon. Would like to thank the dev(s) for their great work on this.