RoPieeeXL Spotify on Allo Digione

More information that may be useful, here’s the Spotify “Connect to a device” menu, clearly showing the Librespot based SMS-200 Spotify service.

And here’s a listing of Spotify services on my network:

The bottom entry is an A/V receiver. No sign of Roipeee/Digione

Wow. Even the service discovery isn’t available…

Ok, can you send me another round of feedback with the new version? I’ve added some more debug stuff.

Logs have been sent to RoPieee HQ with unique identifier 364d56c595c031f5

Can you go into the website, change something, save and reboot?

Ok I turned on DLNA and rebooted.

Logs have been sent to RoPieee HQ with unique identifier ff3a42cf81313eeb

If you’re still up to it… please repeat

I turned on Shairport/Airplay and rebooted. Any clues yet?

Logs have been sent to RoPieee HQ with unique identifier eb66e52b5bf75c60

That’s too late (after the reboot it pulled in an update). Can you do it again?

Logs have been sent to RoPieee HQ with unique identifier ff11e2a68fb5e955

Ok… but Spotify is disabled looking at the logs…
The other issue is fixed now, so let’s try to enable Spotify again.

Spotify on now.

Logs have been sent to RoPieee HQ with unique identifier dee3635e89fde772

Thanks Tony.

I’ve pushed out an update as I’ve discovered a possible issue with (M)DNS.
Because I’m getting more convinced there lies the issue.

Curious if this resolves something. Reboot after the update is required.

Thanks

I can now see it in the network browser list but still not displaying in the Spotify “Connect to a device” menu" from any of my devices.

Ok that’s good. I hoped that the device discovery issue would also solve actual connecting to it…
Little bit stuck to see where to go next.

Out of curiousity: do you own an Android device? Or a Windows machine?

Microsoft Surface (most current WindowsOS/Updates) same behavior as IOS and MacOsX.

At this point since the primary purpose for RoPieee is Roon end point services (that works great) I’ll chalk the Spotify connectivity as an undetermined networking problem and leave it at that, appreciate your troubleshooting efforts.

What is best way to get back to Stable release? Just select Stable in GUI or reflash card?

you can go back to stable and with the next release it will be updated to stable.

However, before you do that, can you send me one more round of feedback? I’ve increased the verbosity of Librespot and I’m curious on what it reports.

Thanks for your assistance!

Thanks.

Logs have been sent to RoPieee HQ with unique identifier 876a75e948ed677f

Hi @TonyV,

Remember your question about credentials? I’ve looked into this.

You need to authenticate against the Spotify API and Librespot can either use service discovery (where the discovery protocol takes care of ‘handing over’ the credentials) or username/password. But this also means that if, for whatever reason, service discovery is not working, you can not use the Spotify API.

Need to think about this, but right now I’m leaning towards providing a username/password dialog in the UI anyhow which is optional.

Yes as I mentioned found it interesting that the Librespot configuration in the SOTM Eunhasu software requires Spotify credentials. The SOTM HW/SW setup works with Spotify clients on my network.

I just pushed support for this feature to the beta channel.