DiskStation (Roon Core / Music folder),
Windows PC,
Shield TV Pro (Chromecast),
Cambridge Audio CXN streamer/DAC,
Rotel RC-1572MKII preamp

Number of Tracks in Library

~31,000

Description of Issue

Bought a new Rotel preamplifier that lists as Roon-Tested. I expected to see it as an Audio Device in Roon Remote but it is not listed. it does show:

• This PC
  • AxiomAir (ALSA)
  • Other network devices: Shield Android TV, PCs, Airplay speakers, etc

Am I not understanding how this should work? I thought that the network connection on the amp would make it visible as an output point. Maybe there is some setup required on the Rotel but if it is Roon-Tested, I expected it to work by default (I sent them a message too).

Roon tested means it works as a dac if it is usb connected and chromecast or airplay. Roon Ready is the network certification.

OK, got it so far. :slight_smile:
I have adjusted my setup to the following:

I uninstalled RoonOS from my Synology DiskStation as it was taking too much processing away from its previous main function as a Plex media server

ROCK installed on Dell box (all good here)

• i5-7500 @ 3.4 GHz
  • 8 GB RAM
  • 256 GB SSD for boot/database
  • Second drive for Music files

I want to make my music files available via USB so the Rotel can see them. I believe my next steps are to:
----- Copy my music files to the second drive on the ROCK
How do I copy files to a drive on the ROCK (I am not a linux guy)

----- Connect the Rotel preamp to the ROCK via USB-A/B
Do I need to install a USB Class 2 driver on the ROCK like I would for a Windows USB source?

Have I got this right?

Hi @Randy_Redekopp ,

The simplest way would be to connect to the ROCK unit via SMB (Samba) and copy the files that way. This can only be done if you have internal storage set up on ROCK, and internal storage needs to be formatted first, please see:

The other option would be to physically plug in the drive to ROCK and then use it that way, though if yo remove the drive then your library contents will also be unavailable.

No, RoonOS devices such as ROCK and Nucleus do not need drivers installed, UAC2 is supported by default, as long as the DAC has Linux support it should work with ROCK/Nucleus.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.