RPi4 with Ropieee not being recognised by Roon despite showing on network

@spockfish I had this same issue as the OP with my RPI4 and XL (wired connection). It was all working fine with my new Topping D90 DAC until I powered everything down to do some equipment relocation. Once I powered everything back up I could NOT get Roon to see the D90 setup in the AUDIO settings as it had previously. Like the OP, it showed up in the ABOUT section but no amount of rebooting of the PI, nor changing the USB port cabled input would get it recognized. I was completely stumped. Toggled and checked and rechecked all the settings in the XL web config pages and nothing worked. Was about to reinstall XL from scratch when it was finally ā€˜discoveredā€™ by Roon with apparently nothing done by me to make this happen. All very mysterious. And like I said, all started by a simple power down with no other changes. PI4 is connected via a Ubiquity managed switch to a Roon Core running on a NUC. Baffling. But I mention it because it sounds very much like what the OP was describing initially.

I think Michaelā€™s and othersā€™ issue is not quite mine. Mine seems to be to do with putting my DAC in CC Mode as Steve_Howlin helpfully pointed out. The RME UFXII DAC is now recognised. However I have not been able to succeed in routing the signal to the analogue outputs that I have the speaker cable connected to. Apparently the default is XLR analogue outputs 1/2 and a suggestion on the RME forum is to get an XLR to TLS cable. I am out of my depth but suspect there may be a simpler way to route things via RMEā€™s ā€˜Total Mixā€™ software. It doesnā€™t work in CC Mode but you can go out of CC Mode, choose routing options (the bit I donā€™t know about), save the configuration as one of six presets, put it into CC Mode again, and then choose that configuration. In theory. I realise this is now beyond this forum and hope to get help at the RME one. Iā€™ll post here if I get a solution just in case anyone else is trying to use the RME UFXII in their audio system.

Edit: I DO have the RPi working as a bridge now, but only using either of the two headphone outs from the UFXII. Still, it shows there is no Ropieee, RPi, or Roon issue here.

Iā€™m just ordering an RME ADI-2 DAC and having downloaded the manual (my head hurts after five minutes of reading!) I can but imagine the complexity of your 60-Channel 192kHz high-end USB Audio Interface UFXII! I see you are already asking on the RME forum so the very best of luck :blush: