RTL Title Support

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 x64 / i7 4770 16GB 128SSD + 2TB HDD / Build 416

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Core is accessed from WiFi and Ethernet from a netgear r7000p router. Devices include windows and Android machines.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Using roon bridge on an allo digione

Description Of Issue

Titles and track names for RTL aren’t displayed properly when they include numbers or punctuation symbols.

For example I have an album titled (in Hebrew): “Nana Disc 1988 - 2001”

And the album is displayed as “Nana Disc 1002-8891”

Hi @grzlybear,

Thanks for the report here. Can you please share a few screenshots of this behavior?

– Noris

Sure. Attaching a few examples!

The nana disc example from above is the clearest because the artwork shows the proper name.

The two other examples are of tracks with numbers in their names where the numbers have flipped their order:

Screenshot_20190528-200944|281x500

Hi @grzlybear,

Thank you for sharing those screenshots, I have forwarded them to QA for closer inspection.
I will be sure to reach out to you once I hear back from them.

– Noris

Hi @grzlybear,

I just spoke to QA regarding this case and we need a bit more data to proceed here.

Can I please ask you to create a .zip file of a few examples of affected albums and sent it to me via a private message?

The best way to upload a couple of these affected albums on your end would be through a shared google drive / dropbox / send.firefox.com link.

– Noris

sent a private message

Hi @grzlybear,

Thanks for sending those examples over! I have attached them to your case with QA and once I hear back from them regarding analysis I will let you know.

– Noris

Hi @grzlybear,

Thanks again for sharing those example albums. I spoke to QA and they have noted that there have been a few improvements in this area in our next release and we are hopeful that they will help with your media as well.

While I can’t comment on when the next release will be published, the best place to track new releases would be in our Release Notes Section of this site. Thanks!

– Noris

That’s great, thanks for the update.
Let me know if I can somehow help with testing or something.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.