Rugby's Daily Lunchtime Album Selection and Show on the DJ Extension

So, for the last week or so, I’ve been playing an album on the Roon Discord channel at lunchtime. Users gather, listen to the album, and chat with each other. Please come and join us.

The invite link to the Discord channel is in the linked post below:

Edit:

If you can’t join or load the extension, then just cue up the Daily Selection and listen with us.

4 Likes

Today’s Listen will be:

Neroli (Thinking Music Part IV) (Expanded Edition)

by [Brian Eno]

Consisting of one epic hour-long piece of music, subtitled ‘Thinking Music Part IV’, Neroli provides one of the most meditative and drifting chapters in Eno’s back catalogue. Blurred textures and low chiming sonorities slowly mutate over the course of the album, taking the listener on a beguiling and therapeutic journey.

“Alters the space you’re in, your frame of mind. Memories crop up from the recesses and you feel relaxed, somehow eternal. Like no other music we’ve yet known.” -Pitchfork

1 Like

Hello Everyone,

Getting a bit of a late start but today’s selection is:

Tycho - Epoch

Epoch leverages the sonic aesthetic of Dive’s down-tempo vintage-style synthesizers and beautiful melodies while drawing on the kinetic energy of Awake’s progressive composition and organic instrumentation.

I like this concept…guess I should check it out. I just assumed based on these posts, that time zone wouldn’t match up very well. Perhaps listeners will be there when it suits me. Can’t hurt to find this out myself.

Cheers Daniel. :sunglasses:

Hello Everyone,

I’m starting a bit later to accommodate a range of lunchtimes. Today’s selection is:

Sigor Ros “Inni”

‘Inni’ is either the first-ever sigur rós live album, or second live film (and follow up to 2007’s acclaimed iceland tour film heima). in fact, it is both: a 75-minute film and 105-minute double live album of the band captured in full flow at the close of their last tour in november 2008

Good Day!

Today’s Selection is;

Marillion: Live FRC-036 - Palais Des Sports, Besancon, France - 5th October 1989 .

Setting later to get the mid west and west in in the action. Today is:

Infinite Tape Loops Vol. 1: Drifting Spirits by Music for Sleep

Happy Monday! (no not the group)

Today’s selection starting at 12:30 EST will be

Harold Budd - Abandoned Cities

An early 80s ambient masterpiece. And part of his extremely well priced Budd Box on Bandcamp which has 6 of his early albums bundled together in CD res flac.

1 Like

Harold Budd fan here…thanks for the heads up - will check out which albums the box contains.

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hi there!

Today’s lunchtime album is Tale of Us - Endless on Deutsche Grammophon

Link: https://www.deutschegrammophon.com/en/catalogue/products/endless-tale-of-us-2271

Today we are listening to:

PHILLIP NORMAN WATSON’S MIST

,https:/ /phillipnormanwatson.bandcamp.com/album/mists

Its lunchtime again. While I have some bread in the oven, I have chosen today’s listen to be:

Resonance by Yumiko Morioka

Enjoy and Relax!

Well, its the Weekend. I’ve been exploring the relaxing side, but, for Friday, I want something more upbeat. Here is an album, full of pop hooks, washy synths, bouncy beats and some guitar.

The Visionary by M!R!M

1 Like

Thanks Rugby! I didn’t realize I needed this exact album before I heard it.

How is M!R!M pronounced?
Mirram?

My-Rhyme?

Thanks,
T.

1 Like

Today is a grey cold and wet day here, so, for the show today:

Vryashn

by Jeremy Bible & Jason Henry

Happy Monday! Today’s lunchtime show is

Play Vol. 1

by Alecia Renece

a Capella covers of some of her favorite songs. The “Everybody Plays The Fool​/​Just Don’t Want To Be Lonely” mash up is my fav.

Hello from Tuesday! Starting at noon EST today.

Today’s choice is brought to you by the genre Soundtrack. Inspired by and from 2002’s movie “Rabbit Proof Fence” is Peter Gabriel’s “The Long Walk Home”.

Today I will be simulcasting on both Discord on the usual music channel, and, via the new DJ externsion. Channel name for the DJ extension is “Lunchtime”.
The selection is available on both Tidal and Qobuz.

Wednesday’s Lunchtime Selection is:

Grønland by Glåsbird

2 Likes

Continuing with the show on both the Discord channel AND the DJ extension. Channel name for the DJ extension is “Lunchtime”.
The selection is available on both Tidal and Qobuz.

Thursday’s Lunchtime Selection is:

Lost In The Dream by The War On Drugs

1 Like

Its Friday! And from now on Friday will be Friday: Party! as a theme. So more upbeat, getting ready for the weekend music. Playing on both the Roon Discord channel under Music, or, via the DJ extension, under the Channel Lunchtime (capitalization matters).

Today’s Selection:

Let Me Be Your Lover by Patterson Twins