Runaway volume increase - Roon 2.0

Roon Core Machine

macOS, M1 CPU, 16GB RAM.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Enterprisey. Happened to be on WiFi when this happened.

Connected Audio Devices

This instance was a dragonfly cobalt connected to ropieee. This would have been using raat.

Description of Issue

Just experienced an instance of this I think. Holy crap is that painful, my ears are still ringing. Is there a fix for this yet?

Listening to Traffic by Thom Yorke at about 8:10PM CST. It was my first track of the night. Despite volume limits already being in place on this device, experienced a runaway volume increase. Using the buttons on the side of my iPad (which is where I was running Roon from) did nothing. Took a few seconds before button presses did anything and volume was reduced.

I don’t remember if I tried to adjust the volume up or not before the runaway took place.

Hi @noris the OP has posted the time that the maximum volume problem occurred which i believe you might be interested in.

Cheers.

@support any help? Please

Hey @brm,

You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

The good news is we’ve been able to replicate this, and are working on a solution. Until then, I would suggest setting up volume limits on both your core, as well as your endpoints. Here is more information on this:

As well as:

I will keep you updated as we work on a fix for this :+1:

All good @benjamin and thanks for your reply!

I’ll read the linked materials, implement what is suggested, and follow up here if I learn anything new.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.