Running Roon Remote Android App on Google Pixelbook

I bought a surface pro 6 vs a slate because of this very issue.

mine has been working for the past few days. running the dev channel on my chromebox.

not sure if it was an update or a fix or on what end it was, but knock-on-wood lol

@Derek_Wyman After I read your reply I tried my pixel book and it connected to the core once and then stopped.

crap lol.

I just tried on my other chromebook running stable and it is working fine there also.

The only other variable is that I ditched my Asus router and went to google wifi.

I have to say the google wifi is much more forgiving than my old rt66 so it could have been where the fix came from.

_

1 Like

Weird - I tried mine two days ago and nothing - I will certainly be trying again tonight and will report back - that’s great to see.

What version of ChromeOS are you guys on?

I used to be able to connect from my Pixelbook when I had my Core on a Windows 10 PC, after I recently moved my Core to a Synology NAS I was unable to connect using Pixelbook. Before my move to Synology if my Pixelbook didn’t automatically connect during start up of the app, I would just manually put in the ip address of the Core and it would usually connect…now that doesn’t even work. I also would like to get a Slate, but a tablet that cannot connect to Roon is useless to me. I still use the Pixel C as my main Roon browser, but Google only supports android devices for so long and if Chrome OS is their way forward eventually I will only be able to use my android phone as my Roon browser. I hope this issue can be resolved.

UPDATE: After enabling “Multicast Routing” in my Asus AC5300 router I am able to connect to Roon using my Pixelbook.

Derek, Has it been stable since you reported in Dec/18? I’m still unable to use the Roon Android App via my Pixelbook. I use Google WiFi as well. Any workarounds since then? Thanks.

I’ve had zero issues in a long time. Loads Everytime on all three of my Chromebooks/boxes.

Thanks. Any guidance or recommendations? The app keeps searching for the Roon Core on the network…

1 Like

Derek - are you running the Core on a computer or a NAS?

ROCK on a NUC

how to add IP? there is no option to choose while roon remote was starting @ pixelbook. I am running the ROCK on NUC.

Yes. That’s the way. Reboot NUC while keeping ROON remote running, the core can be recognized by the client on pixelbook. But after shut roon remote or reconnect wifi or screen shut , the client lost the roon server connection except using ROON core reboot or restart roon software.