Running Squeezelite on SMS200 and playing via Roon?

hey guys

i’ve managed to set up Squeezelite on my sms200 ultra neo and have connected Qobuz and Tidal. Able to play through the web UI.

but i cant get Roon to see the sms200 running Squeezelite. It says “if you dont see your squeezebox device here, make sure that LMS is turned off”. I’ve turned off LMS too and Roon still doesnt see the device.

Is it even possible in the first place?

I am actually running my sMS-200 Ultra Neo as a Squeezelite endpoint to Roon at this time as i like the audio better. So yes, it works.

Did you set ‘Enable Squeezebox support’ to yes in Roon Settings > Setup?

Squeezelite isn’t showing up as an endpoint in my setup as well. Squeezebox support is enabled. Any further plugins need to be downloaded on LMS?

Are you running LMS in your network? If so, then turn it off:

Step 1: The first thing you should do is turn off any Logitech Media Server (LMS) instances running on your network . Roon’s Squeezebox functionality works by emulating LMS–if LMS is running on your network, devices may find and associate with it, or become confused.

1 Like

Roon Does not Support Squeezelite Endpoints, only Squeezebox hardware as per the official Roon Squeezebox FAQ.

Squeezelite/Software endpoints

Roon does not support software implementations of squeezebox endpoints, and we do not test with them as part of our QA process. If you attempt to do this, you are on your own.

Thanks! The description was really helpful. Port forwarding solved the problem.

However, I have to restart the LMS app on my SotM after every notebook shutdown and reboot. Don’t like to leave the notebook (roon core) permanently on. Buying a always on NUC is no option atm.

Are their any workarounds for this scenario?

Best,
M .

But they work fine whether they support them officially or not. I have been using it off on since 2017 via Squeezelite.

If it works that’s an unexpected bonus. No guarantee that will continue working is the point.

Might not matter to you, but, might matter to others. If someone wants to use it, fine. But, they should understand the potential ramifications before making that choice. Understanding, that Roon actively never tests, guarantees functionality, nor will work to resolve any issues with Squeezelite is important to understand when making a choice to use/rely on it.