Same Band with the same meta data is showing up twice

#I have an issue where the band Widespread Panic shows up twice. One is all the official releases from the band. This shows up with all the correct metadata, pictures bio and such. I also have 300+ live shows that were purchased and downloaded. These show up with the artwork for the show and are all grouped und the second instance of Widespread Panic but this instance has no picture for the group and no bio is tied to the shows or artist. Also, when searching only the main instance of the band will show up

Add images

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

no edits to content

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

Screenshot of import settings

Description of the issue

Hi @Michael_Juday,

Thank you for getting in touch about this. I’m happy to say that you can merge artists rather easily in Roon. Here’s how you do it.

Select both Artists on the artist page.

Click Merge artists (in the top right corner of the Artists page)

Select the Primary artist. When merging artists you’ll want to set the primary artist as the one with Discography, artist bio, etc, in order for these metadata assets to appear.

For example; if you use the streaming service artist as primary, the local music files artist will be merged and metadata for streaming content will remain. If you use your local music files artist as primary the rich metadata links to discography, bios, albums reviews, etc will be lost.

You can unmerge artists at anytime by going to Setting>Library>Un-merge artist (unmerge button appears at the far right of the page)

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.